Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Significant Severe Weather Event Possible Thursday, August 27, 2020

weatherwiz

28 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Debating if I want to do BDL tomorrow or go towards SW CT. Just tough to find good areas with wide open views down there. Could do Newtown...there's a few spots I know. Danbury is a no-no given the COVID spike. 

East Rock Park in New Haven is a great spot. You can drive right to the top in your car. I think the elevation is 366 feet there. Awesome views. 

Screenshot-20200826-110331-Maps.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BrianW said:

East Rock Park in New Haven is a great spot. You can drive right to the top in your car. I think the elevation is 366 feet there. Awesome views. 

Screenshot-20200826-110331-Maps.jpg

They've actually closed the auto road during the pandemic (which has been great for me as a runner). You can still walk to the top, if you're so inclined. The view is superb.

2 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

It's going to be hilarious when the warm front doesn't make it to NYC and we all read Wiz's diatribe about "never getting excited for severe in SNE again" post. Only for him to start a thread for Saturday.

I can't get excited for severe until I know Wiz is trapped scoring a baseball game or something.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Hoth said:

They've actually closed the auto road during the pandemic (which has been great for me as a runner). You can still walk to the top, if you're so inclined. The view is superb.

If Wiz gets arrested we can start a GoFundMe account to cover his legal fees........

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Hoth said:

About East Rock, they used to close the park whenever severe weather was incoming, I got kicked off the top by park rangers a couple times. The fact that it's closed may actually be an advantage in that regard. But it's a helluva walk from the base parking lot, unless you're in much better shape than me (likely, now that I think about it). Its the best vantage point in the area for sure, only disadvantage is that if at the last moment you decide to go for a target elsewhere you're stuck in the middle of urban traffic, usually right at rush hour.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Further S and W the better. But I don't know why it's expanded, 

It's a tough set up, not really a broad threat area but concentrated near the warm front wherever it ends up. Check out the differences between BDL and JFK.

2020_08_26_16_08_24.png

2020_08_26_16_08_07.png

Neither of those is going to pop storms.

5 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

It's a tough set up, not really a broad threat area but concentrated near the warm front wherever it ends up. Check out the differences between BDL and JFK.

2020_08_26_16_08_24.png

2020_08_26_16_08_07.png

Neither of those is going to pop storms.

Yeah agree...near and just south of WF. It's shown well on the CAMs...although agree with Ryan about some hailers given elevated CAPE.