Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September 2020 Discussion

moneypitmike

14 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Unreal how fast it changed. We will peak weeks early. Heavy rain next week will take down the drought weakened leaves

20200926_104210.jpg

20200926_104207.jpg

20200926_104205.jpg

Yeah--pretty dramatic shift here at Pit2 over the course of the 5 days I've been up here.  I'm still awaiting the progged mostly sunny.  Stuck in overcast ever since the fog lifted. Still only 58*, not sure how the progged 67* will work out.

Heading back to Westborough and summer in a few hours in any case.

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Defense mechanism running overtime these days.  The models look widespread very wet, hard to argue against it right now.

Given how deep that trough is going to be and how forcing will parallel the boundary there should be plenty of rain along it. Especially if we can get that little wave to form along the front.

3 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

2 weeks and a day since even a trace here

Day 13 with nada since the 0.02" deluge on the 13th.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

The models look widespread very wet, hard to argue against it right now.

Worked in late June after 6 weeks with 2/3" total - 3.5" in 3 days.  Again in mid July with the remnants of Fay and some TS bringing nearly 4" in 4 days.  Not much since then...

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Yeah we're really inverted right now. We'll mix out and soar eventually, but maybe some of the hollows struggle to maximize their warming potential.

Yeah it’s hot aloft.

66F at MMMV1 at the picnic tables.  Given that temp, we should have no problem hitting 80F down here in the valley with normal lapse rates.

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Just picked apples at the big apple in Wrentham... Apple cider donuts FTW.

Some really fire red colors we don’t see too often around here. Very nice 

Some shoreline trees at North Pond look like they're on fire, though the oak-rich hill in Smithfield to the east is mostly still green (as to be expected.)  Beautiful colors along Beech Hill Road in Mercer and almost as good after I turned onto Rt 2 on the way home.  May be the best reds I've seen in 5 years or more. 

Just now, tamarack said:

Some shoreline trees at North Pond look like they're on fire, though the oak-rich hill in Smithfield to the east is mostly still green (as to be expected.)  Beautiful colors along Beech Hill Road in Mercer and almost as good after I turned onto Rt 2 on the way home.  May be the best reds I've seen in 5 years or more. 

That seems to be a recurring theme right now.  Maybe all we need for the best bright red/orange foliage is a drought and very early freeze, ha.