Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
September 2020 Discussion

moneypitmike

18 minutes ago, klw said:

Radar seems to show a couple of very light showers heading in your direction but may not make it that far.

I was surprised to see a few cells on radar cut right through Barre and then into NH near Gene. Then another through Jay Peak heading towards Alex and Phin.  Given the dry air and how far away they are from the radar site, it’s hard to say if anything is even hitting the ground though.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I was surprised to see a few cells on radar cut right through Barre and then into NH near Gene. Then another through Jay Peak heading towards Alex and Phin.  Given the dry air and how far away they are from the radar site, it’s hard to say if anything is even hitting the ground though.

We actually had a shower earlier today. Dropped a whopping 0.01

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

My god.....scary to think this person is a homeowner or renter or something.

Lol. They dry out in 2 days inside anyway. Though this year you can envision them browning and dropping needles in 2 days. They haven’t had water since Napril. Might not be a good year to cut your own 

15 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Some sort of shower passed through here while I was golfing. Nothing in Northfield but wet roads and puddles by the time I got back to Barre Town around 7:00. Foliage progressing nicely over there at about 750’. 

7D3B3E8F-8266-440A-A5AF-3E95AA77B3D3.jpeg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Yeah, trying to line up getting water delivered and dumped into the well. That would tide us over. I will be getting a drilled well put in at this point. They are backlogged to December however. 

Since covid, There are a lot of back logs with many company's no matter the industry.

29 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Is that Cobble Hill in Brooklyn?  My sister used to live there many moons ago.

29 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Is that Cobble Hill in Brooklyn?  My sister used to live there many moons ago.

Yes sir. Historical or hysterical depending on your politics and if you have to deal with city landmarks to get permission to do work on your own row house. I’m on Tompkins Place between Court and Clinton, Kane and Degraw. Where, if I may ask, did you’d sister live? As always ....

12 hours ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Right, I'm not saying you went all Kevin and said it was going to be a sea of brown like he does most years. 

There probably will be spots, even higher up little more dull where they radiate----hollows, etc.

I did think it would hurt it and maybe it did in spots...but perhaps Will is right in that the ball was already rolling and it didn't matter too much. 

16 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I'm not "arguing" anything - 

But, that < 40 statement is a falesy ...and so is that relative rare phenomenon that still claims lives today anyway - another false equivalency -

I'm not saying life expectancy hasn't benefitted - I was talking about the 'entitlement' and its ugliness.  

There needs to be some sort of concerted virtuosity involved in the advantages that tech provides ... but no sooner than we evolve this wonder as a species...it's schemed -

Fallacy.   It took my awhile ro reconjure falsy....back to adolescence

i generally agree but make no mistake-life before modern medicine (antibiotics, vaccination for diseases like polio) was very hard and often unpleasant.   “What’s it leave in....what’s it leave out”-Bob Seger in “Against the Wind”.

14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

We shall see. He’s killed everything . Noyes said this morning he has serious doubts on significant rain 

Now I am confident. I'm not saying 6" of rain is coming, but that most certainly is a pattern change and a lot of us will get much needed rainfall over the next two weeks. #Scooterknows   

• Like 1

This foliage is absolutely insane.  I think it’s more vibrant down on mid slope to valley.  I’ve never seen the valley reds/oranges this neon...and the lower elevations look to peak before the mountain now.

Best foliage is 750ft up through 2,000-2,500ft by far.  Still a lot of early light greenish yellow foliage up high.

52 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Fallacy.   It took my awhile ro reconjure falsy....back to adolescence

i generally agree but make no mistake-life before modern medicine (antibiotics, vaccination for diseases like polio) was very hard and often unpleasant.   “What’s it leave in....what’s it leave out”-Bob Seger in “Against the Wind”.

the middle ages sucked the most.. 

49 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Awt. I think it was dendrite who said, we don't drought in New England , sometimes it just takes a while to rain...

Usually I chide Kevin for his drought definitions but this water year Oct to Oct i am so far 25 inches below normal.  Now not yet a long term severe drought definitely a drought by hydrological definition 

17 hours ago, PhineasC said:

It's a shallow well so it needs groundwater. I have no frame of reference for how full the basin should look so maybe it will be fine. I am getting nervous however.

Our dug well is only 8' deep but has a good spring as its source; the normal level is at 5' but it's now down by 21".  Was down 24" in 2002, but the 3' depth means about 300 gallons, though the bottom 50 may be below the foot valve.  0.15" for the month so far and 0.03" over the past 3 week.
Some very nice reds and yellows in our area, though right near the house it's fairly dull, as always.  Approaching 50% change, about 10 days ahead of average - 3 straight mid-20s mornings will do that.

11 hours ago, dryslot said:

FTLOG, What?

Only if the tree is sitting in the middle of a  backyard fire pit.

........toasting marshmallows on Christmas Eve while singing Christmas carols.

LET IT SNOW (altered for annual summer heat waves)

Oh the weather outside is frightful
But the A/C is delightful
And since we’ve no trips to take
Let it bake, let it bake, let it bake.

GRANDMA GOT RUN OVER BY A REINDEER

Grandma got run over by a ten-speed
Jogging to a clambake Christmas Eve
You might say there’s no such thing as cyclists
But as for me and Grandpa, we believe.

See the source image

• Like 1
  • Haha 1