Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September 2020 Discussion

moneypitmike

1 hour ago, klw said:

People had nothing else to do back then so they may as well work 90 hours a week until they died of old age at 32.

And the alternatives and stimuli offered up by technological modernity offer so much more appealing alternatives to feeling accomplished and basing internal spiritual wealth on a pattern of substantive achievement therefrom. 

wrong: it is an illusion - all of society is based on a vapid participation trophy for that matter.

societies of western Industrial derivatives ... man, if it wasn't for the fact that 'morality' and 'virtuality' are also, in themselve, merely human perception-constructs ( that bear no significance to the natural order of reality outside of our own immediate sentience-necessity ...) I'd say all these cultural ilks that derive pleasure and distraction by means of technological orgies are in desperate need of an asteroid impact to force feed them a fragility reminder/humility.  The vibe of 'entitlement' that proliferates all interactions at all scope and scales, in the gearing of societies of these convenience-addling ilk ... it's really ugly man.  

You know, that's high-brow ... 25$ words to describe a petty entitlement that happens once populations get used to electricity and other conveniences- but there really is truth to it.. 

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

Lots of stonewalls around here too. We have one out in the back woods, but it's seen better days.

When i'm out hunting that's all you see is stone walls used for property lines built back several hundred years ago, Some of the best areas to hunt are right along a stonewall, If there is an opening in the wall, The deer will follow the wall and walk thru the opening, They will not jump the wall unless they have to or are being pushed, Also the red squirrels and chipmunks love them too as i have had a few run right across my shoulders before......lol

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

And the alternatives and stimuli offered up by technological modernity offer so much more appealing alternatives to feeling accomplished and basing internal spiritual wealth on a pattern of substantive achievement therefrom. 

wrong: it is an illusion - all of society is based on a vapid participation trophy for that matter.

societies of western Industrial derivatives ... man, if it wasn't for the fact that 'morality' and 'virtuality' are also, in themselve, merely human perception-constructs ( that bear no significance to the natural order of reality outside of our own immediate sentience-necessity ...) I'd say all these cultural ilks that derive pleasure and distraction by means of technological orgies are in desperate need of an asteroid impact to force feed them a fragility reminder/humility.  The vibe of 'entitlement' that proliferates all interactions at all scope and scales, in the gearing of societies of these convenience-addling ilk ... it's really ugly man.  

You know, that's high-brow ... 25$ words to describe a petty entitlement that happens once populations get used to electricity and other conveniences- but there really is truth to it.. 

So you’re arguing a time when lifespans were <40 and a cut from a fungal infused branch you incurred while clearing from your lot and died from was better?   

• Haha 1