• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September 2020 Discussion

moneypitmike

Damn, radios going wild.  35-year-old male went into Binghams Falls up here by the ski area, hasn’t resurfaced in at least 10 minutes.  Multiple agencies responding including Stowe Mountain Rescue and Colchester Technical Rescue over by BTV... having trouble getting a dive team together due to some rescuers being out of the area.

Last fatality there was winter 2018-19 when someone slipped and fell in and wasn’t found for a day or so underwater.  Fak.

I have been mowing once per week, for most of the summer.  There was a period of time in May/June that I had a couple of weeks of twice per week.   I have a well and have been watering it just enough to keep Stein at bay.  My well goes down about 350 feet, so haven't been worried about it drying out.  I am in somewhat of a low spot in my neighborhood, so all the water drains down towards me.

12 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Damn, radios going wild.  35-year-old male went into Binghams Falls up here by the ski area, hasn’t resurfaced in at least 10 minutes.  Multiple agencies responding including Stowe Mountain Rescue and Colchester Technical Rescue over by BTV... having trouble getting a dive team together due to some rescuers being out of the area.

Last fatality there was winter 2018-19 when someone slipped and fell in and wasn’t found for a day or so underwater.  Fak.

Damn!  I am so fooking careful around fast running water and waterfalls.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

GEFS will run to 35 days out at 00z. That will take forever though. Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I do think this new GEFS won't finish as early as it used to despite starting earlier. The stats do show an improvement and it would be nice for the GEFS to be more competitive with the EPS.  I have not been impressed at all with both the euro op and ensemble this summer. 

35 days...lol. Metfan will be in his glory. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Damn!  I am so fooking careful around fast running water and waterfalls.

Yeah the gorges and falls are scary... 20-30 foot chasms into swift water with all sorts of weird hydro forces.  It’s usually mossy and slick on the sides.

Sounded like they found him and pronounced it on scene as they asked over radio for a body bag for transport back to the road.  I absolutely hate when people die in these beautiful spots.  Hits home at how easy even going to get some fall foliage photos in a scenic spot can turn into a nightmare.  

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

A woman drowned Saturday on Flagstaff Lake, recovery only yesterday afternoon.  Three people and a dog motoring their canoe back to their campsite from visiting an island, water got rough as the campsite was on a lee shore and they capsized.  PFDs in the canoe but no one wearing.  The 2 men each grabbed one that was floating nearby but the woman, 31 yo, headed for shore without.  The lake is about 18 miles long so it doesn't take a whole lot of wind to build up the surf.