• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September 2020 Discussion

moneypitmike

In the meantime ... I'm looking forward to these mid 70s days tomorrow and the next...  

I also gotta say that trees around town here are tingeing saffron and reds ... not just unhealthy subjects either, all of them... accept the oaks of course... But even some of those have purple in there among the grove complexion a little.  

This is ahead of schedule by two weeks here.   

I don't know if this cool snap is having anything to do with that; I'm inclined to say no ..in so far as a triggering mechanism - it seems this was underway prior last week. But I am also wondering if the smoke/UV dimming that took place since early month may also have played a role in triggering ?   

I'm not sure how pervasive this is in the foliage all over the Lakes, OV and NE regions is, either - it just seems around Middlesex Co, we have healthy maple species en masse showing some personality a bit ahead of schedule here - 

The 250 year old maple on my property line that I lovingly refer to as 'general sherman' is turning and the sucker usually peaks about Oct 10 ...not sure how it's getting 3 weeks without beating that date but we'll see -

42 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

In the meantime ... I'm looking forward to these mid 70s days tomorrow and the next...  

I also gotta say that trees around town here are tingeing saffron and reds ... not just unhealthy subjects either, all of them... accept the oaks of course... But even some of those have purple in there among the grove complexion a little.  

This is ahead of schedule by two weeks here.   

I don't know if this cool snap is having anything to do with that; I'm inclined to say no ..in so far as a triggering mechanism - it seems this was underway prior last week. But I am also wondering if the smoke/UV dimming that took place since early month may also have played a role in triggering ?   

I'm not sure how pervasive this is in the foliage all over the Lakes, OV and NE regions is, either - it just seems around Middlesex Co, we have healthy maple species en masse showing some personality a bit ahead of schedule here - 

The 250 year old maple on my property line that I lovingly refer to as 'general sherman' is turning and the sucker usually peaks about Oct 10 ...not sure how it's getting 3 weeks without beating that date but we'll see -

The leaves are well ahead of schedule in Northeast Ohio. Many maples are turning near the tree tops. The color is predominantly red... even a purple hue. 

• Like 1

Looks like we could have a really great sunset over a wide area of New England around 645pm this evening.  Teddy has a pretty solid cirrus deck over eastern sections.  It's clear in Vermont and NY state so the sun should illuminate the underside of the clouds.  We will see how this works out.

3 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Looks like we could have a really great sunset over a wide area of New England around 645pm this evening.  Teddy has a pretty solid cirrus deck over eastern sections.  It's clear in Vermont and NY state so the sun should illuminate the underside of the clouds.  We will see how this works out.

Agree, shaping up for a stunner for you guys under that cirrus with western edge clear...great recognition Gene.  Could see it all day over in NH from Mansfield.

23 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Agree, shaping up for a stunner for you guys under that cirrus with western edge clear...great recognition Gene.  Could see it all day over in NH from Mansfield.

I was working right under the western edge all day. It was like a perfectly straight edge across the entire sky. 

COD-GOES-East-subregional-New_England.02.20200922.192613-over=map-bars=.gif

• Like 2