Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September 2020 Discussion

moneypitmike

3 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Shouldn't you delete your mid-atlantic locations since you're basically living in NH now? 

Eh, gotta keep the trolling privileges active. If there is a HECS lined up for Kingsville I will probably head home for it. Nothing quite like 3 feet of Baltimore cement. Has a certain charm.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

excellent location.  I believe the 28

Thanks, definitely want to maintain my credibility in the temperature department...lol

I planted a few apple trees the other day and the soil was super sandy, the whole way down. Not a rock to be found, amazing to find in SNE...Interesting microclimate for sure

1 minute ago, Spanks45 said:

Thanks, definitely want to maintain my credibility in the temperature department...lol

I planted a few apple trees the other day and the soil was super sandy, the whole way down. Not a rock to be found, amazing to find in SNE...Interesting microclimate for sure

Sandy soil definitely is a factor in low temps, your good

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That's really young. What was the cause? It is awful losing a pet. 

Long story, He started to act lethargic the first of last week then started not to eat or drink very much, Tried to take him to the the vet mid week and no one could see him because of covid and there shorthanded, There was a walk in clinic in freeport that my wife and youngest son took him down as i was installing windows at the house on saturday, They waited two hrs and they were going to do blood work and x-rays because he like to eat tissues out of the box and we had found a bunch in his stools, But his blood work numbers were so bad and he had lost so much blood, He was going to need a transfusion but they could not do it there so we ended up bringing him back here and my wife and i took him to the emergency pet clinic where he was extremely critical and they were certain he would not survive the transfusion and there were no physical signs of how he lost all that blood.

• Sad 4

18 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

It’s weird I’m usually a great radiator spot but only hit 35F.  
I thought maybe something was wrong with my sensor but tomatoes are still alive.  

I always radiate well....some 250-350' "hills" all around me, and I'm snuggled in a little 150'+ valley.

• Weenie 1

3 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

It’s weird I’m usually a great radiator spot but only hit 35F.  
I thought maybe something was wrong with my sensor but tomatoes are still alive.  

I was in Florida during this cold spell and thought I would come home to a dead garden, things are still looking good so I dont think I ever got below 35.

6 hours ago, dryslot said:

Back to back 20's here the last 2 mornings, Been a rough weekend for us as we had to put down a pet on Saturday, Have done it 4 other times over the years and its just never easy.

Oh that is hard...I learned a lot from my dogs about the process of grief.  We lost one in June at too young of an age.  Saturday we got a pup and I'm over the moon.  Good luck, it will get easier, but you know that already.

IMG_3079.jpg

• Like 6