Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September 2020 Discussion

moneypitmike

35 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Tell me about it. I am a little OCD with numbers and I am starting to question the Davis. Yesterday I installed it 6 ft off the ground. It is located at the lower edge of the property. Everything is frozen today, so it got below freezing, just not sure about 28 degrees. The location is unique and will be fun this winter, hopefully...

20200921_074257.jpg

20200921_074947.jpg

excellent location.  I believe the 28

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

For weather, it is great. For the yard, it is not. Even the shrubs are crying for mama. 

Yeah down there maybe, didn’t see any effects up here but we also got at least a foot of rain this summer.  Dry Septembers aren’t all that uncommon...this is record level but in terms of vegetation I think they are used to a drying trend this time of year.

Its just led to some great cold nights and high diurnal ranges under sunshine, fantastic side effects lol.

Just now, powderfreak said:

Yeah down there maybe, didn’t see any effects up here but we also got at least a foot of rain this summer.  Dry Septembers aren’t all that uncommon...this is record level but in terms of vegetation I think they are used to a drying trend this time of year.

Its just led to some great cold nights and high diurnal ranges under sunshine, fantastic side effects lol.

I wouldn’t mind a dry September if the summer wasn’t so dry. I’m no lawn nazi, but I like to have it looking nice. It’s been a struggle this year. Usually this is the second greenup, but it’s not doing so great currently. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I wouldn’t mind a dry September if the summer wasn’t so dry. I’m no lawn nazi, but I like to have it looking nice. It’s been a struggle this year. Usually this is the second greenup, but it’s not doing so great currently. 

It looked promising when we got the rain at the start of the month. That definitely triggered lawn growth, coupled with the cooler nights.  That lasted about a week.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

You guys with all these freezes...that can't be good for the leaves. Maybe best viewing on the elevated hillsides?

That's the best viewing anyway, so long as they didn't drop too low, could be OK. 

I checked 2 PWS nearby at 1800ft and 2K, both didn't get below 38F last night. Guess next 2 weeks will tell us.

29F/30/30 here past 3 nights. 

10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Both the GEFS and the EPS like the time around early October for the next cool shot.

gfs-ens_z500a_us_42.thumb.png.e33e72eb5b89b8af115edc5beed9d8a8.png

EPS doesn't go out far enough, but if you extrapolated to Day 11-12 it probably is pretty similar.  At least a signal for another trough in the eastern half of the US.

ecmwf-ens_z500a_us_11.thumb.png.59346c35482969a07dca4f7377b18f1f.png

Yeah GEFS more progressive. Just want rain. 

55 minutes ago, dendrite said:

So CON bottomed at 27° which completely breaks the record low again. 3 straight record mins with no ties. Pretty impressive in this era and at that site...especially September. They have obs going back to 1859. 

Mos is 30 again tonight. Not sure what tomorrow record is 

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

Back to back 20's here the last 2 mornings, Been a rough weekend for us as we had to put down a pet on Saturday, Have done it 4 other times over the years and its just never easy.

Sorry to hear. We have one of our fave chickens struggling since Saturday but she’s inside in a dog kennel putting up a fight. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Back to back 20's here the last 2 mornings, Been a rough weekend for us as we had to put down a pet on Saturday, Have done it 4 other times over the years and its just never easy.

Damn dude I’m sorry.  That’s the toughest thing to do. Feeling for ya.  My last black lab hit me far harder than any human death so far in my life.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That sucks dude, sorry to hear. :( 

Just now, dendrite said:

Sorry to hear. We have one of our fave chickens struggling since Saturday but she’s inside in a dog kennel putting up a fight. 

Just now, powderfreak said:

Damn dude I’m sorry.  That’s the toughest thing to do. Feeling for ya.

5 yrs old is just way to young for a pet to have to be put down, He was a great cat.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, dryslot said:

“Light their way When darkness surrounds them; Give them love. Let it shine all round.” A potent lyric and sentiment. One that, apparently, you have demonstrated many times. As always .....