Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September 2020 Discussion

moneypitmike

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Sneaky 26° or 27° at EEN too. The radiators were pretty damn cold on night 1.

Wonder how much the dry surface plays into it.  No fog to stop the free-fall.  The dews just kept dropping too...even this morning there was still decent T/Td spread.

Normally you get like 32/30 you think it’s about maxed out, but then it just keeps going to 27/24.  I never see MVL dew drop 6 degrees after midnight on a rad night.

Looks like the 12z official is 26F for MVL... that isn’t even close to what models had yesterday for this morning there.  Most had us hanging around freezing.

NWS went with frost advisories that looked good based on yesterday’s models, but then woke up to all the reporting stations below freezing except BTV.  Even 34F at that warm airport spot is impressive.

28 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Wonder how much the dry surface plays into it.  No fog to stop the free-fall.  The dews just kept dropping too...even this morning there was still decent T/Td spread.

Normally you get like 32/30 you think it’s about maxed out, but then it just keeps going to 27/24.  I never see MVL dew drop 6 degrees after midnight on a rad night.

Posted this September 11

Nature signals pointing to an early frost this year. Gardens matured early, dry soils, multiple cold fronts with low dewpoints

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

New record low for CON with 28° or 29°. The previous was 30° in multiple previous years. 

Kept a bit of wind all night so only hit 35.9°...hard frost on the truck though.

First record low at CON in September since 1993....first non-tied record low in September since 1985. 

• Like 2

BOS record low tomorrow morning is 42F. Don’t think we can quite get there. MAV is 45 and MET is 43....but winds light out of the north or just W of due north is a good direction for Logan to try and beat MOS guidance. That’s how they got that random record low in September 2013.  I think I recall them beating MOS by 3 or 4 degrees that morning. 

If they start turning more like 010 or 020 by dawn then they won’t make it.