Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September 2020 Discussion

moneypitmike

7 hours ago, dryslot said:

Wow, You had to wait that long? I went with Harvey Windows, Which are rated the best vinyl windows and i would highly recommend them,  It was 3 weeks for the build, I had certainteed vinyl replacements from back in the 70's as well, Just about the time they had just came out, Not very efficient as they were drafty as heck in the winter, My bedroom was always cold and one windy night while at my computer i noticed the curtains moving and there was an 1/8" gap in the window and the cold air was just rushing in, Also went with a new cold fired boiler as well and have already realized a big savings on that in just 5 mos, The windows will absorb the sun in the winter and reflect it in the summer so i should realize added savings as well, My house was built in the 40's so we have been making steady improvements over the years but a big push this year with Boiler, Windows, Roof and Flooring.

https://www.harveybp.com/

what about Maine made windows?  Mathews Brothers.  I don't live in Maine, and they weren't on my radar screen until after I installed new replacements.  I did look at Harvey and they were in my top 3, but didn't go with them.

14 minutes ago, kdxken said:

I think I recall maybe 2 years or 3 years ago something similar when they had fires near Woodstock New Hampshire?

Yeah there’s been some smaller ones. The end of June into early July of 02 saw many large fires in Quebec province. Eventually some plumes made it our way.

image.gif

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Oh cool, y'all are talking about the smoke too.

It's something to look at vis satellite and see it stretching from coast to coast.  I was just made aware of the link to the HRRR smoke product, and it actually tries to bring it down toward ground level around here tomorrow in association with a cold frontal passage.  I know that can happen in some circumstances but when the source of the fires is clear across the continent, that would be impressive.

Link:

https://rapidrefresh.noaa.gov/hrrr/HRRRsmoke/

• Like 1