Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September 2020 Discussion

moneypitmike

16 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Saturday night looks like a more all-inclusive region(s) frost and probably freeze threat N of southern VT/NH ...   I'm sure this is well advertised at this point but that synoptic appeal is quintessentially perfect for an ice in the birdbath morning come Sunday 7am.

Pretty strong ensemble support.  That's a "shot across the bow" if we haven't seen one yet, ha.

gfs-ens_T850a_us_22.thumb.png.2d9ef07c131d2a983c6e4cdf93149df6.png

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Yeah, well I will probably hit like 34/33 whereas Alex will somehow manage 27. LOL

Oh the difference is likely at least that much on most clear calm nights.  

At my house I can be up to 10 degrees lower than the base of the ski area at 1,500ft sometimes where it's almost always mixed at least a little with mid-slope climo.  The inversion level is often right around 1,000-1,200ft.  I'll leave in the morning and it could be 32F only to find it's 40F up there with a breeze.  Then it'll be 60F there in the afternoon and 65F at my place.

You can actually see it in the MVL/MPV normals around here... MVL is 700ft and MPV is almost 1,200ft but because the overnights on clear nights can be colder, the daily mean temperatures are pretty even.  One site gets a degree or two lower for the mins and the other gets a degree or two lower on the maxes.

Alex is still at just over 1,500ft so even his daytime temps stay pretty cool... he really found a cold spot there.  Pretty crazy little microclimate.

It is borderline cold outside for September 14th at 3pm in the middle of the afternoon.  Really don't want to turn the heat on later.

We were just talking about wearing shorts with temps in the 50s?  I went with shorts today and not sure it was the right choice.

Up at 1,500ft we are holding at 51-52F and looks like down in town is mid/upper 50s.  

temp.jpg.2b19427f3a2aabd345c7b5a4d612e8bb.jpg

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 2

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

It is borderline cold outside for September 14th at 3pm in the middle of the afternoon.  Really don't want to turn the heat on later.

We were just talking about wearing shorts with temps in the 50s?  I went with shorts today and not sure it was the right choice.

Up at 1,500ft we are holding at 51-52F and looks like down in town is mid/upper 50s.  

temp.jpg.2b19427f3a2aabd345c7b5a4d612e8bb.jpg

https://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/fbh/d/stowe-4-diamond-resort-immediate/7195971908.html

45 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

Ha, on Boston craigslist with the VT unemployment numbers but struggling to hire.  My wife manages the spa and tennis centers there.  Nice property.

57/40 at MVL.  Clear skies.  I like a low of 36-37F with dense fog here.  Fog will save us a frost but just above the fog layer will frost, maybe 900-1000ft.

• Like 1