Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September 2020 Discussion

moneypitmike

7 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Is that problematic?  I honestly don’t know.  

I wouldn't think so. I'm on a well (750 ft deep) and my well actually has a pressure release that the landscaper turned into a little pond that flows into the wetlands near my house, since it essentially lets out water on and off all the time. 

• Like 2

Maybe some frost/freeze Monday night?

“High pres directly overhead on Monday night and light winds/clear skies, expect areas of frost to develop, especially away from Lake Champlain. Frost/freeze headlines are likely for portions of the area with temps ranging from mid/upper 20s NEK/SLK to l/m 40s near Lake Champlain by Tues morning.”

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I meant a red flag warning/ fire danger like they issued. Seems almost impossible except this year with the severity of the drought 

19 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I wonder how often DIT mowed during the drought. For the lawn fanatics I know, the act of mowing is a ritualized thing and a huge part of the appeal of the "lifestyle." Letting your lawn grow a little longer to survive a dry period is going to be very hard for a lawn Nazi to handle. 

Shouldn’t mow it if It is stressed. I like a good lawn, but I know when to fold. We folded late July.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I wonder how often DIT mowed during the drought. For the lawn fanatics I know, the act of mowing is a ritualized thing and a huge part of the appeal of the "lifestyle." Letting your lawn grow a little longer to survive a dry period is going to be very hard for a lawn Nazi to handle. 

I have a neighbor who is absolutely obsessed with her lawn. Mows two or three times a week to keep it at exactly the right length. All her mowing fried the lawn by mid July and she was desperately running sprinklers all day for weeks to try to revive it.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Hoth said:

I have a neighbor who is absolutely obsessed with her lawn. Mows two or three times a week to keep it at exactly the right length. All her mowing fried the lawn by mid July and she was desperately running sprinklers all day for weeks to try to revive it.

Yes, I suspect that's what happened here. Gotta water the hell out of your lawn if you want to keep it golf course short in a drought.

How much qpf have you had since Aug 24?

2.45”. We had a inch on the 29th and an inch this past Thursday. That was the first inch of rain since July 5th. Went a long stretch with not much but a tenth here a tenth there. Have a neighbor down the street who doesn’t have a irrigation system and doesn’t water and it looks similar to yours. Certainly not as bad. But I just tried to throw a little water at it a couple times a week just to try and keep it alive. There are some parts of my lawn that I didn’t water and they are fried