Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September 2020 Discussion

moneypitmike

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

Definitely didn't mean to create a political discussion. Fall means football to me as much as cooler wx and tropical.

My politics are my politics and everyone knows I'm one of those terrible far left libbies, but whether most owners are supporters of the president or players stand, kneel, protest, not protest doesn't factor into how I view the craft. They're the best in the world. It's a great product. And it's their right to do what they think is best for them, and for people to criticize or not criticize what they decide. 

I am on the other hand horrified that I picked Miami straight up today in pick 'em. :axe:

Ain’t over yet. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Definitely didn't mean to create a political discussion. Fall means football to me as much as cooler wx and tropical.

My politics are my politics and everyone knows I'm one of those terrible far left libbies, but whether most owners are supporters of the president or players stand, kneel, protest, not protest doesn't factor into how I view the craft. They're the best in the world. It's a great product. And it's their right to do what they think is best for them, and for people to criticize or not criticize what they decide. 

I am on the other hand horrified that I picked Miami straight up today in pick 'em. :axe:

Well said. I support the players who kneel and I support those on the other end of the spectrum that respectfully criticize that move. It’s called the 1st Amendment.  Speaking our minds without fear of retribution is what makes this country great. 

2 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Well said. I support the players who kneel and I support those on the other end of the spectrum that respectfully criticize that move. It’s called the 1st Amendment.  Speaking our minds without fear of retribution is what makes this country great. 

Without retribution went out the window...

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

You burned it 

I burned nothing. This is the first time in 30 plus years of lawn care this has happened to any of my lawns. It’s called a severe drought . It’s what happens to well maintained lawns while yards where folks do nothing are infested with crab grass , clover, chickweed , dog doo etc 

• Weenie 1

Next up .. Forest Fires 

ELEVATED FIRE WEATHER POTENTIAL FOR MONDAY...

The combination of gusty northwest winds, full sunshine and
drying conditions on Monday will lead to elevated fire weather
potential across Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island.
Northwest winds will gust between 25 and 35 mph on Monday, with
lowest relative humidities around 35 percent. Open burning is
strongly discouraged on Monday.

This statement is issued in collaboration with Massachusetts DCR,
Connecticut DEEP Division of Forestry, and the Rhode Island
Department of Environmental Management.

• Weenie 1

I could care less about the lawn.   Some of my neighbors have sprinkling systems and lawns are green-no local restrictions but mine will be green again by October which is kind of ironic.  Big items to buy over the next 2 months are a leaf blower, lawn mower, snowblower.   I really don’t anything not cordless and recharging.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I just don’t need someone telling me what happened to my lawn who doesn’t do anything to take care of his other than mow occasionally . 

I’m curious as to why you don’t have an irrigation system.  You have such an amazing lawn typically and I would think that would be worth the peace of mind. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I burned nothing. This is the first time in 30 plus years of lawn care this has happened to any of my lawns. It’s called a severe drought . It’s what happens to well maintained lawns while yards where folks do nothing are infested with crab grass , clover, chickweed , dog doo etc 

man what do your neighbors think they must be aghast. Your going to get voted out of the man lawn club at this rate

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Next up .. Forest Fires 

ELEVATED FIRE WEATHER POTENTIAL FOR MONDAY...

The combination of gusty northwest winds, full sunshine and
drying conditions on Monday will lead to elevated fire weather
potential across Massachusetts, Connecticut and Rhode Island.
Northwest winds will gust between 25 and 35 mph on Monday, with
lowest relative humidities around 35 percent. Open burning is
strongly discouraged on Monday.

This statement is issued in collaboration with Massachusetts DCR,
Connecticut DEEP Division of Forestry, and the Rhode Island
Department of Environmental Management.

Red flag warnings on xmas?

• Haha 1