Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September 2020 Discussion

moneypitmike

11 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Mostly covid. Warmth means everyone is outside and won’t bother me. Will should be there too in a few years.  It was a good summer despite covid. 

Ha...I’m not choosing 88F humid over 73F coc anytime soon. Maybe if I’m vacationing on a beach for the entire week. But if we’re just outside hiking, throwing the ball around, riding bikes, etc, etc...give me 70s any day. 

19 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I remember thinking that way. :( 

Lol that is like an old lady...wearing a shawl and preferring 90F over mid 70s like the other 90% of the population. 

At least Kevin has a Met now to root along with him in the summer for Atlanta climo. :lol:

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

He’s slowly changing too. Once he hits 40 , he’ll be there in full

It’s great for biking and hiking, but it’s tough to do with both of us working until the end of the day. The warm weather was nice having them do things as simple as back yard pool/water stuff.  Now we pray for a snowy winter and play in the snow vs mud and 40F. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Lol that is like an old lady...wearing a shawl and preferring 90F over mid 70s like the other 90% of the population. 

At least Kevin has a Met now to root along with him in the summer for Atlanta climo. :lol:

LOL no old lady at all. I was in shorts and t-shirt into the evening yesterday. 

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Folks will feel wet 

will feel a
bit muggy as dewpoints climb into the upper 50s and low 60s by the
end of the day. Southerly flow aloft will advect 925 hPa temperature
of 13-16 degrees Celsius - so expecting highs to top out in 

Add in temperatures in the mid-60s and the heat indices are in the danger zone

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Folks will feel wet 

will feel a
bit muggy as dewpoints climb into the upper 50s and low 60s by the
end of the day. Southerly flow aloft will advect 925 hPa temperature
of 13-16 degrees Celsius - so expecting highs to top out in 

I hate passive language with humidity. They always need to qualify 60 DP with “bit” “a touch” “slight” “smidge”. HOW BOUT YOU JUST CALL IT MUGGY!

With the cooler air poised to settle in, it should be noted that there is strong agreement among the newly-updated subseasonal guidance that the generally cooler than normal weather could persist through the first week of October. The most recent run of the EPS weeklies extends the cool anomalies through September with at least near normal readings afterward.

Of course, the timeframes associated with that guidance come with a lot of uncertainty. But the degree of consensus on the subseasonal guidance is quite impressive.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Says the guy who complains about it being cold and having to put hoodies and warm clothes on if the temperature drops below 70F in the summer...

Pretty much.  I wear shorts when it’s summery.  No point in wearing shorts when the high is sub 70 but I’ve seen guys walking around in shorts with highs in the 40s-I don’t see the point.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Says the guy who complains about it being cold and having to put hoodies and warm clothes on if the temperature drops below 70F in the summer...

I complain about that at night in summer. I don’t want it chilly enough in summer to have to worry about wearing long sleeves. If it’s in the50’s with sun or warmer shorts are fine into Nov. It’s not like some cold pattern is settling in. It’s mainly due to dry air masses and strong cooling at night. Warm , sunny days with temps 65-75 and cool nights . That’s not jeans