Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September 2020 Discussion

moneypitmike

33 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah we are adding ranks to NNE posters in this general climate zone along the N/NW flank... need more still.  It’s nice slowly getting away from the super small circle jerk of like me, J.Spin, and mreaves chatting with each other before we got Alex.  Now we get Phin.

We are getting more mainstream, ha.

A couple more duds in SNE snowfall and we become the majority :P

• Haha 2

We used to have a lot more SW CT posters years back but many of them either moved to one of the tri-State spinoffs or just don’t post much anymore. 

I still remember back when Kevin and I would pig pile on StephenCT in Waterbury for his “questionable” snowfall obs. Lol.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

We used to have a lot more SW CT posters years back but many of them either moved to one of the tri-State spinoffs or just don’t post much anymore. 

I still remember back when Kevin and I would pig pile on StephenCT in Waterbury for his “questionable” snowfall obs. Lol.

Didn't he actually have the ruler upside down one time or something like that? I remember someone really doing that from back in the day.   That was like the WrightWeather BB days.

Edit... maybe it was RUGGIE?

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Didn't he actually have the ruler upside down one time or something like that? I remember someone really doing that from back in the day.

That was Zonties in the feb 2006 storm, lol. But yeah he was also in SW CT. I think near Danbury. 

• Haha 1

That was back when one forum covered the entire east coast... from (an other) Will way up in Fort Kent, ME at the northern tip of the northeast, all the way down to at least Ashville, NC (there was a common poster down there, name started like HKY?).  One forum with all sorts of climates, and somehow it worked at that time.  That was when the early internet hadn't figured out trolling or been comfortable enough with joking around as much.

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

That was back when one forum covered the entire east coast... from (an other) Will way up in Fort Kent, ME at the northern tip of the northeast, all the way down to at least Ashville, NC (there was a common poster down there, name started like HKY?).  One forum with all sorts of climates, and somehow it worked at that time.  That was when the early internet hadn't figured out trolling or been comfortable enough with joking around as much.

Sub forums were a punishment of us because we got so much more snow.  Seriously 

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Phin and the northerners will clean up. I have zero faith mby will. I know I have to travel to see real winter. Maybe this is the year I head west to chase a classic Midwest whiteout.

Well, you do live deep in SNE so “cleaning up” in winter is about a once every 3 or 4 years experience from a historical perspective. 

Just now, powderfreak said:

That was back when one forum covered the entire east coast... from (an other) Will way up in Fort Kent, ME at the northern tip of the northeast, all the way down to at least Ashville, NC (there was a common poster down there, name started like HKY?).  One forum with weather enthusiasts from up and down the east coast.

Yep. We had posters in GA too (Lookout and I think one or two others...Mr Bob I think was in GA at the time)

I wish the old forum was still up like it was for years after migrating here...I had links to some of the big threads and it was always fun going back and reading them to see some of the handles that have long since disappeared. 

I remember a few years ago rereading some of the threads leading into 12/9/05 and there was a Tip post like 24 hours before the storm....he hadn’t realized that everyone left WWBB and then appeared just in time, lol....I was similar but made it a few days earlier. But the Tip post was hilarious as back then he was even more confusing to the casual wx weenie....he was posting something about the mathematics/thermodynamics of a potential tropofold event....LOL. It was based on some of the ETA runs going insane. Turned out to be a great call though in that storm.   

• Like 2

Posters like widremann, a lot more widespread exposure of Don Sutherlamd, the inland posters from PA and other states, it was fun.   Meteotrade started the thread about the Christmas storm 2002.   DT was fighting with everyone from.a hotel room in LA denying it was snowing...lol.   Finally he comes out with FUK CHRISTMAS...lol.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Posters like widremann, a lot more widespread exposure of Don Sutherlamd, the inland posters from PA and other states, it was fun.   Meteotrade started the thread about the Christmas storm 2002.   DT was fighting with everyone from.a hotel room in LA denying it was snowing...lol.   Finally he comes out with FUK CHRISTMAS...lol.

Widremann wow , that's a blast from the past. Does he still post?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I wish I read more Don Sutherland these days.

A true contributor.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I wish I read more Don Sutherland these days.  

Thanks for the kind words. Maybe, I’ll post more in the New England forum this winter. I sure hope there won’t be another “ratter” to borrow from Jerry’s terminology. Hopefully, things will be better with COVID so that the ski areas can enjoy good business.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, donsutherland1 said:

Thanks for the kind words. Maybe, I’ll post more in the New England forum this winter. I sure hope there won’t be another “ratter” to borrow from Jerry’s terminology. Hopefully, things will be better with COVID so that the ski areas can enjoy good business.

Please post more here don!  You’re among the most knowledgeable people in the business.  Have a great rest of your weekend and hopefully we keep the rat invisible during the winter of 2020-2021!

• Like 3

My too-short stint of living at Pit2 has come to a close--I'm now in the new place in Westborough and mostly unpacked.

I have determined that while my new location won't snow a lot, it will likely retain well.  I'm just below the crest of Mt. Westborogh.  The front of my house faces north and is shadowed by the  (It's pretty steep) and is heavily treed to boot.  The south side of the house is heavily shaded. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

A tD of 60F max isn’t very impressive. 

Folks will feel wet 

will feel a
bit muggy as dewpoints climb into the upper 50s and low 60s by the
end of the day. Southerly flow aloft will advect 925 hPa temperature
of 13-16 degrees Celsius - so expecting highs to top out in