Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
September 2020 Discussion

moneypitmike

5 hours ago, wxeyeNH said:

Alex,  hope you and the family are doing well.  Yes, it will soon be the season I'll be nagging you to get the camera fixed.  Loved the old one that showed the top of Mt Washington.

Thanks Gene - everyone is well, hope the same with you! I’m actually going to move one of the Nest cameras to the other location, so we’ll have a camera towards Mt Washington - good for the view but an area of awful snow retention because it’s so wind scoured - and one towards the East with much better snow retention. Gotta satisfy all types of weenies. ;)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, alex said:

Thanks Gene - everyone is well, hope the same with you! I’m actually going to move one of the Nest cameras to the other location, so we’ll have a camera towards Mt Washington - good for the view but an area of awful snow retention because it’s so wind scoured - and one towards the East with much better snow retention. Gotta satisfy all types of weenies. ;)

Good call. I have a camera in plan to set up facing the sheltered north part of my property that drifts a lot. 

• Weenie 1

37 minutes ago, alex said:

I loved the original location because I could judge visibility, snow rain line on Mt Washington and even tell how much recent snow has fallen on the deck and railing.  You can never have enough cams,  I have 3 going!

13 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Which netcam did you use?

It’s just a Nest cam. It was easy and cheap. I would like to upgrade the one facing the mountains, but my internet bandwidth sucks so bad it probably wouldn’t make it any better than the Nest for the rest of you. Kinda pointless for me to look through the cam when I am at the house so no help there. LOL

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Kind of sad to see summer end. First time I’ve ever felt this way. Usually I’m giddy for winter, but just doesn’t feel the same. :(  If it’s just rain after rain while we see Phin balls deep in snow, I may light his house on fire. 

You can come camp in my barn, just be quiet when you arrive. 

18 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Kind of sad to see summer end. First time I’ve ever felt this way. Usually I’m giddy for winter, but just doesn’t feel the same. :(  If it’s just rain after rain while we see Phin balls deep in snow, I may light his house on fire. 

There probably won’t be much rain. Just a lot of light qpf events or drizzle with the warm front and then dry fropas

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah we are adding ranks to NNE posters in this general climate zone along the N/NW flank... need more still.  It’s nice slowly getting away from the super small circle jerk of like me, J.Spin, and mreaves chatting with each other before we got Alex.  Now we get Phin.

We are getting more mainstream, ha.

I blame this 50% on COVID and 50% on :oldman:

• Haha 2

Just now, weathafella said:

A real ratter is typically known by November. 

Really?  That seems awful early.  How can you know what's going to happen in Jan/Feb/Mar... as you guys well know, all you need is a great 6 week period to epic town.  2014-15 would've been a ratter without that blitz.  What was the verdict in November going into that?

13 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Really?  That seems awful early.  How can you know what's going to happen in Jan/Feb/Mar... as you guys well know, all you need is a great 6 week period to epic town.  2014-15 would've been a ratter without that blitz.  What was the verdict in November going into that?

If we exclude last season which wasn’t a region wide ratter, seasons like 2001-02 and 2011-12 were well telegraphed in autumn.  The vibe of most years reveals itself early.   The biggest exception is 2014-15 and even then autumn was inconclusive outside of December.

Phin will be banished to the NNE thread by mid Jan. SNE will get sick of all his snow obs and will start hearing crickets on his posts a la PF when he posts upslope radar screen shots..ha. Ray will chime in with his  "nobody cares about snow in deer labia and moose knuckle" comments to confirm the banishment.

• Like 4
  • Haha 6

25 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I blame this 50% on COVID and 50% on :oldman:

23 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah it’s def not all covid. He was throwing tantrums when we had a few 73F COC days in June....he’ll be wearing a shawl by next year when it’s 80F. 

Mostly covid. Warmth means everyone is outside and won’t bother me. Will should be there too in a few years.  It was a good summer despite covid. 

3 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Phin will be banished to the NNE thread by mid Jan. SNE will get sick of all his snow obs and will start hearing crickets on his posts a la PF when he posts upslope radar screen shots..ha. Ray will chime in with his  "nobody cares about snow in deer labia and moose knuckle" comments to confirm the banishment.

What we all want, is to see Methuen get fringed and a good Ray melt. They don’t get much better than that. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1