Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September 2020 Discussion

moneypitmike

18 hours ago, J.Spin said:

Up here in the mountains though, I’ve definitely learned that white Thanksgivings aren’t uncommon at all.  I just checked my data, and occurrence of snow on the ground here at our site is almost 2/3 of the time (64.3%) in my 14-year period of record.  And, that’s for down here in the valley bottom at ~500’, so the occurrence is only going to be greater in the higher elevations.  I have to think at Phin’s elevation, the occurrence of white Thanksgiving would have to be at least that much as long as he gets in on the typical upslope snows.

Considerably less prevalent here, only 32% (7 of 22 with 3 others having "T" OG and 2 getting a 1" cover the following day.) 
The white T-Day years, with AN winters boldface:  2000, 2002, 2005, 2011, 2014, 2018, 2019.  Those 7 winters averaged 90.4", or 0.2" B below my current average - essentially dead on.  The AN winters include #2 (2000-01) and the BNs have 2nd lowest (2005-06).  Deepest is 11" in both 2014 and 2018.  My conclusion is that T-Day snow cover tells us nothing about the coming winter here.   ;)

28 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Man what a torch . Spent several hours in hot sun in front yard reseeding areas where Droughtstein killed this summer. Just dripping sweat. Of course with Stein with us for the next few months it’ll mean constant watering to keep it growing into Octorcher 

75/57 at ORH.

• Haha 2

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

I guess a few folks don’t know what normals are now in mid Sept? Seems that way 

BDL's average high is 78F... it's 81F there.  Like in January when the average high is 28F and its 31F, meh.  They'll probably get another 3-4F today though.

Two years ago in 2018 it was 96F today.  That's a torch.

11 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

BDL's average high is 78F... it's 81F there.  Like in January when the average high is 28F and its 31F, meh.  They'll probably get another 3-4F today though.

Two years ago in 2018 it was 96F today.  That's a torch.

Some are finally outside after a long summer in the AC. So there may be an adjustment in going from 70/52 to 75/57 + sun.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

The woods and hillsides around here are filled with these early changing leaves.. mainly this species and the maples due to stress. I’ve never seen these things go so early. They actually stated during the last week of August. Anyone know what type of tree? 

ylSofIi.jpg

Looks like poplar to me but not sure. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The woods and hillsides around here are filled with these early changing leaves.. mainly this species and the maples due to stress. I’ve never seen these things go so early. They actually stated during the last week of August. Anyone know what type of tree? 

Download the “picture this“ app.  It will identity any plant or tree.  

• Like 3