Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
September 2020 Discussion

moneypitmike

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

52 going to be a Cocadoodledewless long weekend. Party on Garth

One of those weekend mornings on the farm where you get a good stretch in with a cup of coffee...think about how you’ll attack the day...while the birds chirp, the cows moo, and the roosters coc in the background. 

Doesn’t get any better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Schools of stripers and false albacore all over the place at Watch Hill Light. When I was at East Beach in Watch Hill they were swimming all around me. Just a perfect perfect day

Screenshot_20200905-150545_Gallery.jpg

I'm not surprised! I was amazed by the number of bait fish swimming around when I was at Fishers last week. Enjoy Steve! September is the best beach month in New England.

16 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

She has no idea... a life of daily swimming in the river holes, climbing mountains, and generally outside endlessly exploring without a leash.  She's living her best life one could say.

I would add getting to cool off in the last snow piles in New England in June. One lucky pup.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ineedsnow said:

Even noticing it around here.. seems pretty early maybe the hot Summer causing it?  For you guys though I'm pretty sure it's  average

Yes pretty normal here. Seems early but it really isn't. My mom reminded me this morning that last year she arrived for a visit on September 15 and she thought at that point the foliage was "spectacular" - lol, for us it had just started. First foliage season in NNE can be a pretty amazing experience 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, alex said:

Yes pretty normal here. Seems early but it really isn't. My mom reminded me this morning that last year she arrived for a visit on September 15 and she thought at that point the foliage was "spectacular" - lol, for us it had just started. First foliage season in NNE can be a pretty amazing experience 

“Current conditions are setting the stage for an earlier start to the fall foliage season, with ‘peak color’ happening not all at once, but lasting several weeks in parts of the state,” said Chris Martin, Connecticut state forester.

• Haha 1

Just now, kdxken said:

“Current conditions are setting the stage for an earlier start to the fall foliage season, with ‘peak color’ happening not all at once, but lasting several weeks in parts of the state,” said Chris Martin, Connecticut state forester.

Didn't know there were any trees left in Connecticut? Thought the  moths got 'em all...