• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
September 2020 Discussion

moneypitmike

5 hours now of 68-71F temps and 47-48F dews.

What a day, I decided to bounce out of work early and take a long afternoon hike with the dog... the visibility is insane.  I can see wind farms with the naked eye that look like they are right next door.  Can even see the Tram Haus at the top of Jay Peak.  Mount Washington dominates the horizon to the East, can see ski trails as far away as Killington too.  It’s like winter visibility.

10 hours ago, tamarack said:

With the July 4th weekend crowds, surprised there was any uncovered sand above the high tide line.  :D

I was there with 2 other guys and we put the blanket down and out of nowhere a young lady in a bikini stood on our blanket.  No interest in us-just too hot to walk on the sand.  Growing up until that summer it would get hot but that one was off the scale!  It seems more frequent to mimic those conditions in NJ lately.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Lol. This place is great. Of course he lives the NH life anyways...but epic setup. Already low 60s and making a run at 50s soon. Warm ups on......it’s over. 

Got chilly real fast, wife going around slamming doors and windows shut right now.

MVL at 64F but still 5mph wind... PWS about a half mile away is calm and 59F.  MVL will catch up immediately once the airfield goes calm.

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I don’t, but that hasn’t seemed to be an issue in the past. How much would one of those set me back? Seems a bit early to be buying replacement parts if my temp sensor is off. 

It’s probably fine. SI has the FARS for $221 w/o a sensor. 

https://www.scaledinstruments.com/shop/davis-instruments/add-on-special-purpose-stations/davis-6838-24-hour-fan-aspirated-radiation-shield-without-temperature-humidity-sensor/

They did upgrade the sensor a couple years ago to the Sensirion SHT31. It previously used the SHT15. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Lol. This place is great. Of course he lives the NH life anyways...but epic setup. Already low 60s and making a run at 50s soon. Warm ups on......it’s over. 

Is that at Steele Hill or some random private tiny house? We were actually looking at a house in Sanbornton off of exit 22 before settling here.