Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September 2020 Discussion

moneypitmike

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol frickin Denver yikes

20200902_102418.jpg

That is absolutely obscene.  I’m having a hard time processing that.  Highs of 95-100F for 3 days and then immediately to highs in 30s with a foot of snow.

It doesn’t even make sense that it would be 95/68 and then 38/35 a day later, those temps don’t overlap!  Mind blown.

18 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

That is absolutely obscene.  I’m having a hard time processing that.  Highs of 95-100F for 3 days and then immediately to highs in 30s with a foot of snow.

It doesn’t even make sense that it would be 95/68 and then 38/35 a day later, those temps don’t overlap!  Mind blown.

Yeah it just takes the morning low and the late day high. That 95F must get whacked pretty good in the PM. If you closely you'll see 92F to 49F in 6hrs. lol

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah it just takes the morning low and the late day high. That 95F must get whacked pretty good in the PM. If you closely you'll see 92F to 49F in 6hrs. lol

Surface soil temp from 80 to 32 in 2 days? Temp drops 60 degrees in 12 hours, lows in the teens after that. Kind of early heh?

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s going to really hurt us this winter I think. We’ll see modeled snow storms become a bunch of Apps runners as we get closer in. Believe me I’d like to see it go now if we can’t get a cane up here, but it is going to be a fairly permanent feature this winter. Ninas famous for it 

I’m concerned about it as well plus the meat grinder aspect. Going to be hard to get anything to blow up. Tip alluded to that a week or so ago...But we have 2 months to shuffle up persistency and if we can shuffle it in our favor,  we’ll be ok. 

I’m afraid we are in an 80s stretch right now, though, regarding below avg winters for SNE. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah just saw that... 92F to 38F in 12 hours with precipitation is one crazy model prog!

The foothills are insane like that.

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s going to really hurt us this winter I think. We’ll see modeled snow storms become a bunch of Apps runners as we get closer in. Believe me I’d like to see it go now if we can’t get a cane up here, but it is going to be a fairly permanent feature this winter. Ninas famous for it 

Sounds great

4 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Ugh no more rain please. Not what we need after a rainy August.

August itself was hot, but not exceedingly dry. We have certainly had drier Augusts in the past. While both Boston and Worcester ended up hotter than average, Worcester actually had more rain than is typical in the eighth month of the year.

2 minutes ago, kdxken said:

August itself was hot, but not exceedingly dry. We have certainly had drier Augusts in the past. While both Boston and Worcester ended up hotter than average, Worcester actually had more rain than is typical in the eighth month of the year.

They got lucky with convection. 

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Shoot me. 

3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Better heat than snow in Denver. I don't know if I have ever seen a city deal with snow worse than Denver. Their strategy is don't bother plowing because the sun will come out and melt it all eventually. Was there in February for a conference and they got 5-7" over 2.5 days. Never saw a plow and the roads were a disaster around the city. 

3 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

An 05-06 type winter would be sweet

I wouldn't totally hate it....sucked for snowpack after New Years, but at least it had several good snow events and a couple storms >12"....finished around average snowfall.

• Like 1