Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
The "Double Trouble" Banter Thread

Windspeed

10 minutes ago, Prospero said:

Deracho?

Negative

Was moving a box spring out of a house.  Not an ordinary box spring though.  This one was clunky/heavy.  It got stuck going out the door so I decided to give it a very hard kick out of frustration and to try to get it moving.  It didn't budge.  Almost thought I broke my foot.  Half of it was swollen and bruised, and I had shoes on at the time.  Swelling has gone down but still have some pain. 

7 minutes ago, Windspeed said:
12 hours ago, Windspeed said:
Anyone want to make a call on landfall pressure? I'm going with 934 mb. An additional 30 mb pressure drop by tonight does not seem unreasonable to me considering the current trends and the cyclone's structure and appearance.

Yes I am being narcissistic. Piss off.

pretty amazing call

Just now, Maestrobjwa said:

I don't think some brains here are separating the digital reality to the physical on here...sweet mercy above. 150mph...155...tiny little digital things that don't make a bit of difference with the reality of the storm!

It’s the difference between 100 bricks and 101 bricks getting knocked down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

I don't think some brains here are separating the digital reality to the physical on here...sweet mercy above. 150mph...155...tiny little digital things that don't make a bit of difference with the reality of the storm!

This is the ticket. Here's the thing, even if the southern eyewall does open up (either through ERC, shear, dry air, simultaneous bird farts, whatever), guess what: you still have a 135-145mph storm roaring onshore vs 150-155mph. With a storm this size, the differences are going to be minimal. Especially with the surge being a factor.  

Edit: sorta ninja'd. 

• Like 1

Just now, KPITSnow said:

If I am completely wrong here everyone please tell me to shut up in the thread. I don't know technical terms like attenuation, but it seems this damn argument happens with every landfalling major storm.

Eh, yes and no. Not claiming to be an expert on this either by any means (that's why I'm still in school!), but you are correct in that southern eyewalls often do look weaker than their northern segments. I don't think it is incorrect to say that Laura's does look surprisingly weak, there are other examples that look better, but I think it's important to take it as a part of the larger picture (eg: it has appeared this way for most of the day, the storm has managed to strengthen some regardless, etc). Just my 2 cents.

Alright...this got brought up in a local weather forum I participate in. Anybody have any ideas of what phenomenon would cause the feature in this satellite loop. Keep your eye on the outer band east of the eye. An anomaly shows up at a towering thunderstorm in this outer band and races inward toward the eye. This anomaly occurs between 21:00 and 22:00Z and shows up in water vapor, longwave, and visible imagery. Make sure you expand the video to full screen for easy viewing.

https://imgur.com/GcQo3Nm

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

Alright, I know it's time to stop with the center relocation jokes. It is getting old pretty fast, I will admit

Edit: I have never seen that many "haha" reactions on one post before. Has to be a new record, right? 

Ikr. :weenie:

Screenshot_20200826-221108_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 1