• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The "Double Trouble" Banter Thread

Windspeed

When I woke up about 5 hours ago the convective ring and eyewall was not even completely closed. Now it's a solid ring, which is incredibly favorable for both rapid deepening and maintaining that intensity. Recon indicating 130 mph from last pass about an hour ago. 

I know we're all thinking it, could easily become Cat 5 especially cause diurnal convective max happening right before landfall. 

-Turtle Hurricane

Of course he is going to be the met that weenie's out and says a cat 5 is incoming. I asked him if he thought the COC would reform over little rock later today but it unfortunately got deleted rather quickly.

This guy can't be a real met, right?

Just now, KPITSnow said:

When I woke up about 5 hours ago the convective ring and eyewall was not even completely closed. Now it's a solid ring, which is incredibly favorable for both rapid deepening and maintaining that intensity. Recon indicating 130 mph from last pass about an hour ago. 

I know we're all thinking it, could easily become Cat 5 especially cause diurnal convective max happening right before landfall. 

-Turtle Hurricane

Of course he is going to be the met that weenie's out and says a cat 5 is incoming. I asked him if he thought the COC would reform over little rock later today but it unfortunately got deleted rather quickly.

This guy can't be a real met, right?

He’s not only a real met, but he interned at the NHC before he was even an adult, discovered an unnamed tropical storm, was an early bitcoin investor, and studied at the greatest institution in the big 10. 

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, the ghost of leroy said:

He’s not only a real met, but he interned at the NHC before he was even an adult, discovered an unnamed tropical storm, was an early bitcoin investor, and studied at the greatest institution in the big 10. 

Doesn't seem like that crazy a call to me.  NHC forecast now has it peak at 145 so just a small error in that and we're cat 5. 

39 minutes ago, bobbutts said:

Doesn't seem like that crazy a call to me.  NHC forecast now has it peak at 145 so just a small error in that and we're cat 5. 

Its the overall body of work. Did you see the post a few days ago where he kept saying the COC was reforming like 100 miles north of where it was fixed at the time?