• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The "Double Trouble" Banter Thread

Windspeed

Aircraft are made of aluminum, so they act as flying Faraday cages, they can be struck by lightning with no internal impact. The wings usually have trailing discharge wicks to leak off any excess charge.

The main risk is flying into severe turbulence, so pilots will try to avoid thunderstorms and the associated anvil clouds.

5 minutes ago, Nibor said:

Indiscriminately partying in the face of danger is an American pastime.

To this day, 51 years later I still think about how I would have been one those people clinging onto to floating debris being pulverized by waves and downed trees and broken houses, boats, etc. I had already wanted to be a meteorologist by the time I was 5. (Never hit that dream...) 

Now with the right job, you can get paid to be one those people on live TV.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My extreme apologies @ Our ever vigilant MODS..

I'm trying, or WAS trying to convey,, that during Isaias, It came ashore, (landfall), during High tide..

WE ALL saw here on AmericanWx, What happened the few final hours leading up to "Landfall".. 

I'm at about, 30 +/- feet elevation, Where I reside on the ICW, HERE @ Riches Inlet..

The next morning, I went down to the ICW,, Marsh Grass & Debris was deposited as high as 12 feet ABOVE the High tide line..   

Of course OIB & Southport fared even worse..

That said,, Isaias was just Barely a Messy, CAT-1,, quickly getting organized just before landfall..

Storm Surge Took Everyone by surprise!

DO NOT discount, Storm Surge with Laura..

(Look,, I'm NOT trying to Hype this upcoming event)..

Though a Intensifying Hurricane, Forecasted, By OUR Modeling,,  possibly into a Strong Cat-2 or greater,, coming ashore (landfalling)..

Should NOT,,  be discounted for "Storm Surge" ATM, coming, making Landfall during a Rising High Tide(s)..  Across the Area(s) affected..

That is ALL, thank you for understanding.. Mods.. 

(and everyone else reading this)... 

2 minutes ago, SENC said:

My extreme apologies @ Our ever vigilant MODS..

I'm trying, or WAS trying to convey,, that during Isaias, It came ashore, (landfall), during High tide..

WE ALL saw here on AmericanWx, What happened the few final hours leading up to "Landfall".. 

I'm at about, 30 +/- feet elevation, Where I reside on the ICW, HERE @ Riches Inlet..

The next morning, I went down to the ICW,, Marsh Grass & Debris was deposited as high as 12 feet ABOVE the High tide line..   

Of course OIB & Southport fared even worse..

That said,, Isaias was just Barely a Messy, CAT-1,, quickly getting organized just before landfall..

Storm Surge Took Everyone by surprise!

DO NOT discount, Storm Surge with Laura..

(Look,, I'm NOT trying to Hype this upcoming event)..

Though a Intensifying Hurricane, Forecasted, By OUR Modeling,,  possibly into a Strong Cat-2 or greater,, coming ashore (landfalling)..

Should NOT,,  be discounted for "Storm Surge" ATM, coming, making Landfall during a Rising High Tide(s)..  Across the Area(s) affected..

That is ALL, thank you for understanding.. Mods.. 

(and everyone else reading this)... 

I was wondering about you during Isaias and thought it must have been a nice little event for you. Some people are storm magnets. It’s a shame turtlehurricane and akeem have no such luck. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, notlikethis said:

Obviously paying close attention to Laura, but meanwhile in the west Pacific, Typhoon Bevi is undergoing steady intensification to a peak of around 105-110 kts today as it enters the Yellow Sea on an approach to the North Korea/China border

https://himawari8-dl.nict.go.jp/himawari8/movie/720/20200826_pir3.mp4?uid=1598407851234

tga_irv_0200_3.jpg

Looks just like sandy

• Haha 8
  • Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, notlikethis said:

Obviously paying close attention to Laura, but meanwhile in the west Pacific, Typhoon Bevi is undergoing steady intensification to a peak of around 105-110 kts today as it enters the Yellow Sea on an approach to the North Korea/China border

https://himawari8-dl.nict.go.jp/himawari8/movie/720/20200826_pir3.mp4?uid=1598407851234

tga_irv_0200_3.jpg

Speak to me of that Typhoon Rule that teleconnects to Laura ......so a Cat 5 is on the table?????

4 minutes ago, Nibor said:

I prefer CAT5e or CAT6. Faster speeds.

You have been in rare form my friend.....laffin me ass off....

keep it up....king of sarcasm ..  u rolling 

dm

Somebody get me the CRASS model ASAP

we need to nail this down

• Thanks 2