• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The "Double Trouble" Banter Thread

Windspeed

I think the  double  trouble thing  is  overblown. Marco has alot  of  shear and dry air to deal with. Dont think it will be a  big deal at  all. Laura may or  may not  be. If  it  goes over all the  mountains possible to get to the  gom its going to be a  mess and that may mean conditions  in the gom wont  be as favorable as forecasted  now. Time will tell.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 2

Anyone else getting concerned about people being underprepared for Laura?  Significant model differences on track and intensity, but it is just 3 days away from making landfall somewhere.  Combine that with life and news distractions such as covid and the RNC, and it could be setting up to be bad.  This would be particularly problematic if it targets a very populated area like Houston/Galveston.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Hoosier said:

Anyone else getting concerned about people being underprepared for Laura?  Significant model differences on track and intensity, but it is just 3 days away from making landfall somewhere.  Combine that with life and news distractions such as covid and the RNC, and it could be setting up to be bad.  This would be particularly problematic if it targets a very populated area like Houston/Galveston.

I agree with this,  Marco is the first storm and should have moderate impacts along the central Gulf coast. People need warning for BOTH EVENTS, and Laura has a much higher ceiling for trouble.  The national media and potentially the emergency management officials are waiting for Laura to show her cards/media bosses are all in on the political conventions and chit chat.... we are heading for a potential significant disaster.

48 minutes ago, olafminesaw said:

Lel

nam3km_ir_seus_60.png

That thing could scrape out a swath from the corner of florida near Tallahassee all the way to SW Virginia. I would assume the eye would be probably twice as large at least.

Fun to look at though and imagine “what if”... no it isn’t because I just did.

• Like 1