Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane Isaias

wxeyeNH

9 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Recurve timing/location usually spares N. FL and GA - Michael was an exception.  Hugo was the classic exception though farther north.  I think it's significant recurving began around KY. 

Michael was the Panhandle ....not that hard to landfall ..esp compared to Jax-St. Auggie

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Let’s do it. Truly don’t think New England is done

Hope not, was thinking today about all the people unemployed and struggling with life and how this power situation adds to their misery. I hope we have a bunch of recurves south of us. Good surf and COC weather.  Soon the westerlies and cold fronts will start to show up 

• Like 2

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

Yeah, they went big. Honestly I don’t see anything but a well above average/hyperactive year. The basin is a powder keg and SAL has been the only thing really keeping things “in check”. That won’t last much longer and even if the MDR is suppressed a bit those waves are likely to find a more favorable environment in the western Atlantic and Gulf. Virtually everything is lined up for trouble. 

I’m with you here. As long as the fundamentals of the upper level pattern remain the same (ridge dominant), we’re going to be forced to track more than usual. I mean, two tropical systems up here already is kinda absurd but if the pattern’s ripe...

hope you are not on the let's do it train too. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

You made that comment when all modeling was south then said you were joking.  Any tropical system to our west is dry thats just normal

Anyone know if 38 was rainy east of the center?  Being more purely tropical I'd suspect it might have been.  Most of these transitioning tropical storms have rainfall shift west as baroclinic processes take precedence, usually with an incoming trough.

1 minute ago, radarman said:

Anyone know if 38 was rainy east of the center?  Being more purely tropical I'd suspect it might have been.  Most of these transitioning tropical storms have rainfall shift west as baroclinic processes take precedence, usually with an incoming trough.

Dry east

download (15).png

• Confused 2

47 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I mean it literally ran up the SE coast and inland east coast states and brought TS winds and severe to SNE. Y’all are too much.

Landfall at BDR, HVN, GON or UUU or it ain’t tropical here.  :lol: 

Then that should satisfy climo for tropical systems hitting SNE for a while

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, radarman said:

The purest hurricane was Carol 54 with equal distribution of rain west and east. The eye went over Groton Ct

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Cok tease..but cape still had gusts between 60-90mph.. definitely was over hyped leading up to it..so obviously underwhelming for SNE as a whole

Yeah absolutely a disappointment. I remember watching the eye creep up the 70 degree longitude line and hoping to not curve. Our best winds came the next day as it left, but man was hoping for more. 

56 minutes ago, radarman said:

1938 wasn't purely tropical to my knowledge.....which is why it retained so much fury in conjunction with the insane forward motion.

• Like 1