Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane Isaias

wxeyeNH

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

Hmm, I just checked and that would break their August record (142 mph). We're going to double check.

Crazy.  Over this way Mansfield is either having issues or it just didn’t happen, as they didn’t even gust to 50mph at 4,000ft.  Something seems off though as MMNV1 has been <10mph sustained the past 3 hours.  Feels windier down here.

47 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

What was really insane and everyone had to see it was the cloud speed with that LLJ when the sun came out. I have video but it doesn’t do it justice 

I took a video of that too, but I agree that it doesn't do it justice.

26 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Crazy.  Over this way Mansfield is either having issues or it just didn’t happen, as they didn’t even gust to 50mph at 4,000ft.  Something seems off though as MMNV1 has been <10mph sustained the past 3 hours.  Feels windier down here.

I'm guessing we had gusts in the 30s here around 7 when I went over to check the Little River (still well within its banks).

6 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

That's wild. Wouldnt be keeping the boat in with that southerly fetch. Even the small lake near me a pontoon broke lose from a mooring with a 1/2 mile fetch. 

Nope, That lake is round and those all broke off their moorings, Anything out of the SSE will kick there azz, Been on that lake for 40+ yrs and it will get as nasty as the ocean with 4-6' in the right conditions.

6 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

Seems like SE winds are the worst for that siting. Always lower than MHT

I think MHT is a little more exposed than ASH. ASH isn’t really in a crater but the whole city is kind of a crater so I don’t think it matters. 

4 minutes ago, DomNH said:

I think MHT is a little more exposed than ASH. ASH isn’t really in a crater but the whole city is kind of a crater so I don’t think it matters. 

Still a little weird. I get better winds in my sheltered yard than the airport does on southerly winds at times. I just had some of the biggest gusts of the day in the past hour, MHT popped a 43kt

2 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Just surveyed the damage in my yard, a good size maple came down and my weeping cherry is really weeping, not much left but the trunk and a few branches. Gonna need the chainsaw this weekend.

If its any consolation cherry wood is great to use in the smoker.

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Nope, That lake is round and those all broke off their moorings, Anything out of the SSE will kick there azz, Been on that lake for 40+ yrs and it will get as nasty as the ocean with 4-6' in the right conditions.

Yeah, I've seen that lake turn nasty on a NW wind that kicked in the morning after a frontal passage in September. Went from calm to frothing in about 20 minutes...almost swamped the boat when we got eventually got back to the ramp and tried pulling it out.

Just now, rimetree said:

Yeah, I've seen that lake turn nasty on a NW wind that kicked in the morning after a frontal passage in September. Went from calm to frothing in about 20 minutes...almost swamped the boat when we got eventually got back to the ramp and tried pulling it out.

There is no good wind direction to escape on that lake, It can blow up quickly too, Late afternoons were always fun trying to get back to the boat launch at the state park.

51 minutes ago, DomNH said:

ASH maxed at 33 mph. Legendary wind pit.

But the dew was 77!

15 minutes ago, rimetree said:

Yeah, NW is a notorious big wave direction. Water temps warm in the fall and cold NW flow helps mix down big wind gusts to pile up water.