Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane Isaias

wxeyeNH

17 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Lord have mercy. Ripped 65+ for about 90 mins in pulses. Worse than Irene here 

Congrats man. You wanted this and called it. Hopefully you bring down a few more. 

Sounds like it was a total dud back home. Not expecting much up here Maine either. 

7 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

No power, no phone, no internet.  I was smart and called Verizon this morning figuring this would happen and changed temporary to a daily unlimited data so using phone as hotspot.

25% of the NH Coop does not have power and backside winds are just arriving.  Lots of gusts into the 30's but peak wind so far 42mph

This is not going to be a quick power outage.

Tried to tell you. 

10 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I'd say the feb/March wind storm in early 2020 was a lot more impressive. No leaves though. 

Early April event was taking off my roof. But this was good. At least locally. Was convective so some areas did well and others no. Last October was way worse. We moved our kids from their bedrooms. Sounds like PYM county did well.

8 minutes ago, dmcginvt said:

2 different trees down in Waterbury Center VT

It has gotten real windy in the past hour or so in Stowe.  Really don’t want to lose power.  Gusts to 40mph seems to be where we start to lose power from the damn white pines on Cady Hill.  

A bit over 1.5” of rain, will probably be close to the modeled 2” of rainfall most models showed here.

2 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Oh wow!   Outside of the additional .75” of rain that we didn’t need, it’s been pretty much a nonevent in Greenfield. 
Getting a little bit gusty right now though. Patches of blue sky breaking out.

maybe 0.2 inches here, not enough

2 hours ago, ineedsnow said:

Springfield?

Yeah, downtown across the park from Tower Square, both windows faced southwest.  Here is the conference room window, on the floor:

545449832_officewindow.jpg.f52f28dd91019ae92fd8792fb5da4da1.jpg

We also lost a window in a cubicle that was occupied earlier in the day.  I had encouraged staff in the office to work from home in the afternoon, I was about to go home and we had a power surge that knocked out the server so I was dealing with getting it rebooted so everyone could keep working remotely, and all hell broke loose, well maybe not all hell, but two windows anyway. 

No power, no phone, no internet.  I was smart and called Verizon this morning figuring this would happen and changed temporary to a daily unlimited data so using phone as hotspot.
 25% of the NH Coop does not have power and backside winds are just arriving.  Lots of gusts into the 30's but peak wind so far 42mph
 This is not going to be a quick power outage.

That blows. Pun intended

3 minutes ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

Just took a very nasty ride from Enfield through Longmeadow  MA to my parents house on the border on the border with Springfield.  Multiple detours , numerous trees and branches down, several trees hanging over wires, a couple wires on fire,  debris falling on the car definitely adrenaline-pumping. 

Can confirm. Trees down everywhere and the wind is still ripping every few mins

Just got the automated call from the town, 75% of Newtown is without power....reading the Facebook page it seems like every other road is closed due to trees and powerlines down, quite reminiscent of the May Tornado a few years back. I was not up here for Sandy or Irene, so I can not compare to this one. This was the best duration windstorm I have ever experienced. The sustained winds of the July (2013?) Mid Atlantic derecho were more impressive as was the overall experience.

What a journey home. Tons of trees down in Branford/North Branford. I usually always take back roads from Branford to North Branford to Wallingford and catch 91 there so I avoid 95. Debated on not doing that tonight in case roads were closed or power lines were down. 

anyways, I said screw it and did it. As I was driving  I couldn’t believe the trees down/debris. I get to probably about a mile from the highway (of a 12-mile journey) and boom...tree across middle of road. So I had to turn around. Luckily, the detour wasn’t much...ended up turning down a side street I’ve always wondered where it led. Was basically just a tad longer loop to the highway. 

F5CA38D8-88EE-412E-8961-67FB1D756322.thumb.png.932d49b61139615d61308f081ee5ede1.png

driving along 91 there were some downed trees along the highway. Getting into Windsor Locks...I was impressed by the 1.5 mile drive from highway to my house with the amount of trees/limbs down. Even a huge section without power. Saw a tree down upon entering the driveway to the complex and then this was in my neighbors yard 

90240761-F5B3-473B-AF64-22D63B9221BC.thumb.png.775c3df12cff8c66d30ebc308bd6bd13.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

2 hour burst of 40-50mph gusts with some limbs down..but I feel like this happens several times a year so meh. I mean, I'll take it but nothing too impressive.

March 1st 2018 and the storm earlier this spring were gustier

Agree on the impacts here.  Benign. We get these type of events a few times a year here.