Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane Isaias

wxeyeNH

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah 50mph feels absolutely crazy in the middle of the summer.  As a whole like snow intensities, they are over-estimated. 

If anyone saw a legit 65-70+ gust in foliage dense hardwoods it would look like a tornado ripped through.

Yup, Feb 2010 was around 70mph in my area and it made a big mess out of trees with no leaves on them.  I lost 10 or more.  Would be much worse with leaves.

3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Has she seen the Poseidon Adventure lol? 

My friend face timed me at 5pm and he was on the boat , I believe it was just leaving then . It was certainly gusty ..to the point the convo was very brief but him and his gf seemed excited for their get away . The ocean didn’t look rough where they left from . It’s a very short ride . ACK would have been more exciting 

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Ha, ha, I’ll take back my meh’ comments.  Seems to be gusting solidly into the 40s right now in downtown Greenfield. 

I was saying the same thing them Bam! sideways rain then when the sun came out the wind was pretty good. My yard is a mess with branches, no trees down yet.

30 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I still think most people under-estimate how strong 40mph is with full foliage.  That's pretty solid to get 40mph measured in an apple orchard.  Legit 40s in interior New England is more than enough to take some branches down.

How about when a 100 foot Hickory bends halfway over? Damn these winds are nutz. 50 plus 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1