Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane Isaias

wxeyeNH

3 minutes ago, FXWX said:

Across my area Burlington, CT; very impressive tree damage town-wide... Multiple reports of trees taking down or snapping poles; with multiple poles being snapped at the same location... we actually have town work crews that cannot get out of some areas since more trees have come down and blocked all their travel routes.  

Town Crews just pulled off the road until winds subside; will respond only to life-threatening situations!

1 minute ago, JC-CT said:

I feel like it was. Maybe I have weenie goggles for the past

Sandy was def longer duration. It was like 4-6 hours of pretty good sustained winds plus gusts.

I haven’t seen anything match peak winds from Irene yet in SNE. 

• Thanks 1

IIRC Sandy had the long sustained winds (25-35 mph) but i think for the most part the bigger gusts were held to the shoreline...this I think had higher gusts...also...Sandy happened late October when trees certainly didn't have the leaves they do now.I don't remember Sandy being overly big for winds inland...Irene OTOH I think was a bit more impressive inland. 

Just now, Modfan2 said:

And again, only a Tropical storm. Imagine when New England gets hit again from a Cat 1 or Greater

We’ve talked about it for years but New England is beyond overdue for like a cat 2/3. Eventually it will happen. 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

We’ve talked about it for years but New England is beyond overdue for like a cat 2/3. Eventually it will happen. 

Even so, isn't the catch 22 of getting a good tropical cyclone hit in a nontropical climate that it has to be booking it to get here before it weakens? Unless it pulls a Sandy.