Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane Isaias

wxeyeNH

14 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

I also feel like this is some of the strongest winds i ever seen but the numbers dont support that gusts are in the mid 40s to mid 50s around the state, BDR 62. We see something like that every year but this just looks a lot worse for some reason. 

Were there leaves on the trees?   A 45mph gust with a bare tree verses a wet leaf tree is very different

18 minutes ago, radiator said:

Lost power almost two hours ago - drove to the office in Washington CT - power here is iffy, network is on UPS until that runs down, but lighting is on commercial power (and flickering every few minutes).

Tried to report my outage to Eversource via web and then by phone, but it seems that their systems are not up to the task.

Can not complete the automated account lookup to make the report, and can not get through to a humanoid when I do have phone service.

But some people are reporting outages, according to the outage map at: https://outagemap.eversource.com/external/default.html currently showing 144,700 customers affected (11 percent of their customers).

3:40 PM Eversource outage number over 166,000 in CT

I couldn’t report on Eversource either. Their system must be overwhelmed. 

20 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Branford. Almost got blown over a railing. I have video I'll upload and post later

nothing personal Wiz but a 10 mph breeze can blow you over a railing   same with Kev         we want winds that blow me and SBOSwx off a road   then we talk   :rolleyes:

• Haha 3

Across my area Burlington, CT; very impressive tree damage town-wide... Multiple reports of trees taking down or snapping poles; with multiple poles being snapped at the same location... we actually have town work crews that cannot get out of some areas since more trees have come down and blocked all their travel routes.  

• Like 2