Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane Isaias

wxeyeNH

Just now, weatherwiz said:

Latest HRRR still has 50-60 knots across CT with pockets of 65-70 moving through over the next 2 hours. 

Right, the worst has yet to come for sure. But that intensity will be quick to come and go. Without the rain to soften the soil, I'm not sold on widespread downed trees. If you get hit by one of the severe cells, that's different, but most places won't.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

TOR'S BEING TOSSED LIKE CANDY!!!

The problem with this environment is by the time the warning goes out and people look at their phones and decide what to do the spinup is 25 miles downstream.  Brief spins are so hard to predict and then act on the prediction

• Like 1

Just now, WinterWolf said:

I guess we will see..?  By 4 or 5 pm we’ll know if it was garden variety or something a lil more? 

You’ll know by 330-4. Watch that band of showers arcing up through BDR now. Once that goes through your area, you should max out your winds within 20-30 min or so in the dryslot. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

You’ll know by 330-4. Watch that band of showers arcing up through BDR now. Once that goes through your area, you should max out your winds within 20-30 min or so in the dryslot. 

I figured that, but said 4 or 5 pm for those who think this is gonna last 3 or 4 hrs.  It isn’t Imo.  

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

Just now, JC-CT said:

He already explained what he was referring to, why would you post this

Yeah that is the euro that just came out a few min ago. The runs 36-48 hours out were way more weenieish. I know someone posted one with 90-100mph gusts in spots. 

• Like 3

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Exactly my point.  JC. Needs a sandwich 

I actually misinterpreted it like JC did. I thought you were mocking the awful commentary on the previous euro maps. 

My bad. Yeah, you can see how much it ramped down from previous runs. It’s like when you see the NAM go from 2” of qpf to 0.8” in one run.  

1 minute ago, Spanks45 said:

Had something that was either a down burst or a weak tornado...could hear it coming 1 minute away, with the sound of snapping trees...it was at the tail end of one of those cells

I’m pacing around the house keeping my eye out  for bursts and have the kids ready to stuff then down the basement if needed. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

I actually misinterpreted it like JC did. I thought you were mocking the awful commentary on the previous euro maps. 

My bad. Yeah, you can see how much it ramped down from previous runs. It’s like when you see the NAM go from 2” of qpf to 0.8” in one run.  

Yes, this is what I thought as well