• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Hurricane Isaias

wxeyeNH

Brother in Ocean City MD says lots of damage to awnings, chairs thrown around, trash in the streets.  He is on the 3rd floor of the hotel and says that water from the pool is blowing 3 stories up to their balcony.  He's a 50 year old doctor not a kid making this up.  Just wait till later.  Big wind coming

• Like 2

Just now, Brian5671 said:

winds ramping up here.   Not much rain so far-a shower around 5am and the thunderstorm last evening

How was that? Woke up around 11:30 I think it was and saw the line in southern CT...was impressive. Woke up again a little later and it had died faster than lawn's this summer.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

This is not a Bob...lol. Probably a weaker Irene.

I remember me and Phil got 60 knots with the handheld on the cape. Which prob means it was 65+ knots at 10 meters. 

Ill be surprised if there’s a lot of reports like that in this one but there may be a small window. 

I think the real test is going to be what JFK and those types of sites report in a couple hours. The LLJ is supposed to strengthen a little so we’ll see if we can do better than the 55ish knot stuff we’re seeing down in SE NJ. 

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

How was that? Woke up around 11:30 I think it was and saw the line in southern CT...was impressive. Woke up again a little later and it had died faster than lawn's this summer.

impressive winds with last night's storm-gusts to 50 with it...was like a glorified warm front moving through

5 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Well just ahead of LLJ max we have the steepest 2-6km lapse rates. Certainly better mixing potential up this way. Also not much in the way of crap out of head of it to sort of stabilize things a bit. This is really going to be interesting over the next several hours

image.png.4ca878d8fc675242baff4aef59e385db.png

I want to see what happens on LI pretty soon. That will give us a good barometer of what the south coastal communities may see. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I want to see what happens on LI pretty soon. That will give us a good barometer of what the south coastal communities may see. 

Agreed...If there are not impressive obs/reports coming out of LI then that does not bode well for us. But the reports out of NJ are a bit encouraging