Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Hurricane Isaias

wxeyeNH

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Not much change since last night. I think some of the uber wind solutions came back down to Earth, but looks like a lot of 50-60 stuff with some places gusting higher.

Yup...I thought the winds under H9 came down a tad overnight. It still looks windy, but not quite like those 12z euro/ukie and 00z NAM runs had.

15 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Not much change since last night. I think some of the uber wind solutions came back down to Earth, but looks like a lot of 50-60 stuff with some places gusting higher.

Reading the tea leaves the euro back off about 20% with winds regarding  its outlier run at 12z . I know that got about 40 weenie replies yesterday . Better for NYC

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

We need to have a sub-forum tutorial for bufkit. It’s much better to look at that for winds instead of weenie wind maps.

Bufkit is legit the best...I don't see how anyone can really forecast without it. It's great too b/c you can manipulate mixing depth. For the most part I find bufkit extremely accurate with winds...though sometimes I think the GFS can tend to be a bit overdone b/c it always seems to go mix happy but OTOH, the NAM I think tends to under-do mixing lol.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

21 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yup...I thought the winds under H9 came down a tad overnight. It still looks windy, but not quite like those 12z euro/ukie and 00z NAM runs had.

Looks like the NAM shaved about 7-8 knots off the 950 winds down in SNE compared to 00z. Still looks pretty windy but I’m wondering how many 60+ reports happen away from the coast or really exposed areas. 

I think the TOR threat is a bigger deal. 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Looks like the NAM shaved about 7-8 knots off the 950 winds down in SNE compared to 00z. Still looks pretty windy but I’m wondering how many 60+ reports happen away from the coast or really exposed areas. 

6 tornado warnings right now down in the Delmarva region....quite impressive

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I think those winds Are more  for srn CT area. And yeah the tornado threat is legit for sure. But both NAM and gfs bufkit show 50kt potential in a lot of areas. 

• Like 1