Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Hurricane Isaias

wxeyeNH

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It’s gotten windier since earlier. The euro may be leading the way. Still not sure about 100-110 knots at 850 like the euro has, but the NAM is now getting some 75-80s in there. 

Has 60 knots at 950 over E CT to BOS at 00z tomorrow. 

That’s darn good with little to no inversion. Nam is also bone dry too lol.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I didn’t see that output verbatim. Maybe Brian has it? It’s from Plymouth state. My guess is probably similar where you are and a little stronger in srn CT.

Just checked HVN and it has 73 knots at 900 and 58 knots at 950 at 21z

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Pluffmud said:

Local Mets here in RI say sustained wing 30-40 mph with possible gusts to 50 mph. No mention of any impacts with the potential jet

I wound think at least coastal RI can gust higher than that. Interior is always a crapshoot...so many ways for the interior to underperform on wind events, but if the LL lapse rates actually pan out like guidance is trying to paint, then it could be decent. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Rain is light with these storms, but man is the wind roaring through the trees. I hear branches popping and cracking in all directions.

Half our town will be without power before the main event even arrives...a couple really nice cloud to ground strikes too, wind was impressive

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

It’s not.. weenies getting a little carried away in here. Close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades 

I had a 5th grade teacher who said that a lot (not the weenie part)!

With that said, I think if this were to become a 95mph hurricane, it could be called a “close Category 2”. 

8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Full moon goon, finally found Weather Channel live stream as I don’t have cable. Lol Cantore getting raked near ILM

Yup been watching him for the last hour...he had to kneel for a while cuz the wind was knocking him off his feet. Pretty impressive. And impressive how this really ramped up this evening...Isaias definitely had the goods lurking under all that shear that was keeping him down the whole time. 

13 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Yup been watching him for the last hour...he had to kneel for a while cuz the wind was knocking him off his feet. Pretty impressive. And impressive how this really ramped up this evening...Isaias definitely had the goods lurking under all that shear that was keeping him down the whole time. 

Should have paid more attention to this, been busy and figured it was a miss, I should have checked the genny and got it ready. Maybe I scramble tomorrow.