Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Hurricane Isaias

wxeyeNH

23 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

They knew this afternoon would be the critical period,  would it get it's act together at the last moment as some models suggested so just wonder how they can have a 4-6 hour gap at the most important time?

Maybe because it's so close to land? It'll make landfall in about 5 hours, and it's within radar range and passing over buoys.

4 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

That’s very impressive for sure...wonder if it actually verify’s?    

If that were actually to verify it would make Isaias a very big deal.  A 55-80mph gust area this large would bring a huge amount of power problems.  Unlike so many storms where the hype far exceeds the harm this could be reversed.  Usually we have a decaying slow moving TC coming up the coast or interacting with a September airmass.  This would be an intensifying storm with a trough yanking it poleward and going west of New England.  Maybe my weenism is getting hold of me this afternoon.  Hold on for quite a ride over the next 36 hours!?!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

3K NAM much more tamer compared to hrrr.

I’ve been noticing even the NAM is like 30 knots less with the LLJ than the euro. 

If the euro verified, even I would admit that there is some decent wind potential away from the south coast, but the solutions with like 65-70kt at 850 are kind of meh for interior outside of some rogue gusts in cells. 

25 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

If it is upgraded at 5pm to a hurricane (which would be my guess)  can they super impose a hurricane watch over a tropical storm warning for areas up the coast?  Don't know if that can be done?

Yes it can be done. You will see it on the NHC warning/cone map as a pink line (hurricane watch) within the blue line (tropical storm warning).

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I’ve been noticing even the NAM is like 30 knots less with the LLJ than the euro. 

If the euro verified, even I would admit that there is some decent wind potential away from the south coast, but the solutions with like 65-70kt at 850 are kind of meh for interior outside of some rogue gusts in cells. 

What's sort of interesting about this storm in general is that decent mixing in the boundary layer is progged. Very rare to see on a southerly flow event. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Some of those models intensify this a bit too over land, giving those solutions. I guess if that occurs, it’s possible along with the mixing. I’m just not sure of the high end stuff.