• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Andre Empire
    Newest Member
    Andre Empire

Hurricane Isaías

Granted it had no effect in northern areas of Virginia but nothing can compare to what Camille did in Rockbridge and Nelson in 69.... Nov 85 was awful as well ....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kevin Reilly said:

Think we will have a hurricane again at 11 he’s really breathing again 

https://www.tropicaltidbits.com/sat/satlooper.php?region=09L&product=ir

Still looking ragged on radar on the S and SW sides, but the towers on the IR and the canopy on the water vapor loop certainly show a storm that is holding its own.

• Like 1

When was the last time the entire area actually had something to talk about here lol??? Certainly wasn’t this past winter!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, jewell2188 said:

When was the last time the entire area actually had something to talk about here lol??? Certainly wasn’t this past winter!!!

That March synoptic wind event from a couple of years ago!

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

Just now, MN Transplant said:

That March synoptic wind event from a couple of years ago!

That was great. Ripping wind for hours and hours. Is that type of thing rare here?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Subtropics said:

That was great. Ripping wind for hours and hours. Is that type of thing rare here?

Yes! 50-60mph gust....and some were higher and sustained 30mph if I recall. That’s rare here.

• Like 1

Florida folks can sure laugh at the hurricane warning that was issued for them though. This has really been weak sauce for that state. There’s just been no consistent heavy banding on the west side of Isaias at all. Unfortunately or fortunately depending on how you look at it, I guess that changes with the trough pulling it north tomorrow 

8 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Florida folks can sure laugh at the hurricane warning that was issued for them though. This has really been weak sauce for that state. There’s just been no consistent heavy banding on the west side of Isaias at all. Unfortunately or fortunately depending on how you look at it, I guess that changes with the trough pulling it north tomorrow 

Florida folks I’m glad were spared. They have a few other issues they probably should be more worried about currently. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Isaias is looking leaps and bounds better on IR, but there is still some work to do as @MN Transplant posted. There is convection rotation upshear, which may be a precursor to an intensification trend tomorrow in a more favorable environment. It needs to wrap it all the way around though. Today was easily the best and most consistent day for Isaias. 

• Like 1

The Tropical Storm Warning has been extended northward to Fenwick
Island Delaware, including Pamlico and Albemarle Sounds. A
Tropical Storm Warning has also been issued for the Chesapeake Bay
from Smith Point southward.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, wasnow215 said:

Can someone post the rain amounts from 0z 3K NAM, showing the counties please.

This is the best I can find for you...

2DAB5F18-F63E-4485-8285-62AB38BEC1ED.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, yoda said:

Kinda surprised how far inland AKQ went with the TS warnings 

Yoda - the center is supposed to track over areas like the Northern Neck on many models. That's probably the reasoning behind that. Essentially, NHC has it passing over/near those areas as a TS - thus gotta issue TS Warnings. 

12 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

Yoda - the center is supposed to track over areas like the Northern Neck on many models. That's probably the reasoning behind that. Essentially, NHC has it passing over/near those areas as a TS - thus gotta issue TS Warnings. 

Everyone knows the rain is going to be the bigger issue. 

3 minutes ago, jewell2188 said:

Everyone knows the rain is going to be the bigger issue. 

Yes we all already agree on that.
The fact of the matter is - for coordination and continuity purposes - you can't have NHC forecasting a tropical storm strength system to go over an area and not post TS watch/warnings. 

Won’t take much of a breeze with take out some Trees with 5” of rain. 30-40 mph gust will be a real problem.

• Like 2

Won’t take much of a breeze with take out some Trees with 5” of rain. 30-40 mph gust will be a real problem.

OZ gFS is a big hit for DC. Bullseye in fact.

2 minutes ago, DCAlexandria said:

OZ gFS is a big hit for DC. Bullseye in fact.

yeah, it gets a nice head start with a 2" event Monday late afternoon.

2 hours ago, Subtropics said:

I dont remember anything really. I had gusts to 40 or higher for 30 straight hours.!

CMC has an I95 death band.  10"/hr is that's all snow.

yePEyd6.png

• Weenie 1

40 minutes ago, high risk said:

yeah, it gets a nice head start with a 2" event Monday late afternoon.

Flooding gets even further exacerbated for the rest of the week too as 00z GFS has most of us wet Wed-Fri after Isaias

ETA:  00z CMC bullseyes i95 corridor as well... 5-9 inches of rain in next 72 hours

• Like 2

00z EURO pretty robust... good winds i95 corridor and east during early to mid Tuesday afternoon

us_model-en-087-0_modez_2020080300_39_518_379.thumb.png.b54c0c5314dba639a1361d91f108a05c.png

us_model-en-087-0_modez_2020080300_42_518_379.thumb.png.25ab12567deee76e30b439039f32a5fd.png

us_model-en-087-0_modez_2020080300_45_518_379.thumb.png.09b11f3072fa9f48661c8b6065384cd7.png

• Like 1