• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    NWAflizzard
    Newest Member
    NWAflizzard

Hurricane Isaías

1 minute ago, Kmlwx said:

Seen Montgomery do it during severe storms and during snowstorms plenty of times. 

Yea it's just for call volume. Happens a lot during the summer. In the winter it's usually for a spike in property damage accidents where people want an incident # for insurance.

4.75 inches here so far. Lost power, now back on. Tornado warning was interesting. Believe the tornado , if on the ground, missed us to the East by only a couple of miles. Exciting morning to say the least.  

honestly just been mostly a rainer here with a little bit of breeze mixing down at times.  i had a feeling most of the action would be closer to the bay with landfall being a nudge east, but was expecting a bit more in the way of wind.  still a good soaker and needed to wash away the pollen.  looks like bigger issues towards bmore and further east where the torrents are.

one thing i'll say is it's nice to get some cooler temps for a day.  currently outside on my balcony typing this.  drier air pushing in and looks like the afternoon could end up pretty nice around here.

Looks like I'm going to end up in the 2.4-2.5" range with a peak gust in the 20s.  Not unexpected, but kind of a dud the further west you get.  Heck of a show in MD/DE, though!

• Like 1

Just now, tiger_deF said:

So far is this busting over, under, or around what was predicted? In Western MA right now

Outside the tornado threat, way under IMO. 

• Like 1

Bad news for my niece in Prince Frederick.  Her new townhouse (three months old) flooded badly.  Bottom floor ruined.  This is her second flood and she wants out.  Sad for her.

Winding down in Germantown with just over 2" total (including 0.5 from yesterday.  This was a perfect, spread out soaking rain for my lawn and gardens.  I feel bad for people suffering damage.

• Sad 3

Just now, Eskimo Joe said:

Outside the tornado threat, way under IMO. 

The wind has been underperforming IMBY. But the rain is about as expected - maybe a little less. Tornadoes have definitely been the biggest story across the Mid-Atlantic coast this morning. 

3 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

Looks like I'm going to end up in the 2.4-2.5" range with a peak gust in the 20s.  Not unexpected, but kind of a dud the further west you get.  Heck of a show in MD/DE, though!

More than me and I’m east of you. 

2.17” and rain ending

over 2" now per nearby PWS stations

Backside coming through down here in southern St. Mary's. Big rolling 50+ knot gusts. Highest winds I've had all day and that driving rain is back (for a bit anyways).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

That's about where I am, which is definitely on the low side of expectations.  

Getting some good gusts now, probably in the 30-40mph range.

6 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Nasty couplet came ashore just S of Ocean City. Clear TDS.

CC showed debris ball too just after coming ashore. Fading out now.

1 hour ago, csnavywx said:

Backside coming through down here in southern St. Mary's. Big rolling 50+ knot gusts. Highest winds I've had all day and that driving rain is back (for a bit anyways).

Will be looking to see if those winds make it here in a couple hours, as the soil is totally saturated. Weaker,  isolated trees may be uprooted. I hope not. 

8 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Bad news for my niece in Prince Frederick.  Her new townhouse (three months old) flooded badly.  Bottom floor ruined.  This is her second flood and she wants out.  Sad for her.

Winding down in Germantown with just over 2" total (including 0.5 from yesterday.  This was a perfect, spread out soaking rain for my lawn and gardens.  I feel bad for people suffering damage.

Check your PM

TS force at Annapolis and Pax River:

KNAK 041408Z AUTO 33034G49KT 1/4SM RA FEW014 OVC019 22/ A2956 RMK AO2 PK WND 35049/1407 PRESRR P0007 T0217

KNHK 041405Z AUTO 31033G49KT 1SM RA BR FEW012 BKN029 OVC050 21/21 A2957 RMK AO2 PK WND 32049/1402 P0007 T02110206
KNHK 041401Z AUTO 31034G43KT 1 1/4SM RA BR FEW012 BKN033 OVC050 21/21 A2957 RMK AO2 PK WND 32043/1401 CIG 022 RY24 P0003 T02110206
KNHK 041352Z AUTO 29029G50KT 1 1/4SM RA BR SCT014 BKN021 OVC040 21/21 A2959 RMK AO2 PK WND 29050/1346 WSHFT 1310 RAE26B39 PRESRR SLP020 P0009 T02110206

18 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

Seems this band running from Bowie down into Southern Maryland has some of the beefier gusts with it. 

stinger jet piece of the event

Our local weatherman, in Salisbury, MD, is speaking of a "sting jet" happening now...could you explain what this is please?