• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The 2020-2021 Ski season thread

Skivt2

That's a wrap on the ski season at Stowe.  This was 4pm right before last chair.  Staff lining up cheering and fist bumping everyone on their final laps of the year.  I was just rolling through making sure to get every single one a fist bump.  Tons of hoots and hollers, like one giant party.

175175015_10104514044804890_355709660889d

The Stowe closing day vibe is always awesome (as are most ski areas).  The parking lot was one giant party.  Dogs running around, grills going, beers flowing.  Good stuff.

175950991_10104514188836250_405646397250

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, GCWarrior said:

It was supposedly 4 feet! It snowed another 6” over night on Saturday. May have been the greatest two ski days of my life. It snowed another 10” that Sunday night as well, I regret not staying another night. 

Elevational to the extreme.  Farmington co-op an my place each got ~10" from that event at about 400' elev (co-op over, MBY under) while the Temple cocorahs obs 6 miles west of the co-op and at 1220' recorded 26.4".  Latitude helped a bit - highest co-op total I saw was 30" at Jackman, about the same elev as Temple.  Then there were the 2 kids (HS or college age, can't recall) who thought they would try the "glades" on the back side of Sugarloaf.  It's dense forest with lots of fir and spruce of all sizes, totally unskiable and they ended up neck deep and calling for help.  Parents were billed for the rescue. 

8 hours ago, sheahunter said:

Snowed yesterday, top of Skye Peak, Superstar, Killington, VT

https://photos.app.goo.gl/d6NYVQB3DWazAtwi8

Yes it did!  I was there and saw it too.  I was on the superstar chair and it was raining at the bottom and snowing at the top even though it was about 50 degrees.  More like sleet though.

14 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

A buddy said it was snow, graupel, ice pellets at top of Superstar, but those photos definitely look like straight snow.

Is this Alan B?  Several former SkiVT-Listserve folks on this forum now.

Not sleet, snow and grapul. It is Alan B.  Better picture

PXL_20210508_192800410 (1).jpg

• Like 2

Went up to Tuckerman's today and took two runs down left gully which was really the only route down that looked serviceable. Chute had multiple, deep runnels formed by sliding snow. Left gully had sliding snow too but you could ski across it as it was moving down the slope. There were about 50 people in the bowl all together. Hillmans is now disconnected about 3/4 of the way up which is something I always like to ski. There was consistent snowpack in the woods just below the caretaker hut so approximately 3,800'. Assuming that's it for the 2020-21 ski season, a strange one for sure. I weighed my pack when I finished, 40lbs according to the scale, I'm tired!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...