Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August 2020 Obs

yotaman

13 hours ago, wncsnow said:

Looks like the triad is getting absolutely hanmered and possible flash flooding 

Bit of an understatement. My daughter lives in Wallburg and she said that the creek below her with surrounding horse farm field was buried and hence Hwy 109 was impassable. Nearby Weather Underground PWS station showed 4.73" of rain in just over an hour and a half. Hate to think what the flood prone area in downtown Greensboro wound up with.

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KNCROLLI2?cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash

KNCROLLI2 2020-08-06 rain.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Chuck said:

Bit of an understatement. My daughter lives in Wallburg and she said that the creek below her with surrounding horse farm field was buried and hence Hwy 109 was impassable. Nearby Weather Underground PWS station showed 4.73" of rain in just over an hour and a half. Hate to think what the flood prone area in downtown Greensboro wound up with.

https://www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/KNCROLLI2?cm_ven=localwx_pwsdash

KNCROLLI2 2020-08-06 rain.jpg

Actually downtown Greensboro was on the edge of the storm and didn’t get much rain at all.

• Like 1

Have now had measurable rain on seven of the last eight days, and am approaching 2x my entire July rainfall.  I wasn't expecting anything today but a some bonus storms have dropped 0.32".  My weekly total is 6.35 with 3.97 coming from the hurricane.

Overall my summer rainfall has been very streaky, something like 2/3rd of my total since June 1st has come in only two different weeks, this week and one back in mid June.

• Like 1