Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Banter 2020

George BM

1 hour ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

She's coming soon... (as long as NHC doesn't screw up and name the wrong one :lol: )

Meanwhile, Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida is probably wondering right now if a tropical system sharing his first name could hit anywhere in his state next week.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, fourseasons said:

Meanwhile, Sen. Marco Rubio of Florida is probably wondering right now if a tropical system sharing his first name could hit anywhere in his state next week.

.... he has in fact tweeted about it asking where the names come from. :lol:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, CAPE said:

DFH Oak Aged Vanilla WWS for HH.

Freaking delicious.

I really need to try that one. I have two crowlers I have to drink before the end of the weekend though so they don’t go bad lol. One is a double blueberry vanilla pie sour and the other is a barrel aged chocolate stout. 

Just now, losetoa6 said:

You and Wxusa are quick to bury the O's lol

I've personally enjoyed watching this year so far . But I love the game so maybe I'm biased . This group hustles and they got several hitters above or near .300. 

All still true. But they still aren’t that talented of a team especially from a pitching standpoint. 

6 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

You and Wxusa are quick to bury the O's lol

I've personally enjoyed watching this year so far . But I love the game so maybe I'm biased . This group hustles and they got several hitters above or near .300. 

I agree They've played some pretty exciting baseball so far . Not talented enough to overcome mental errors though. Like running through the stop sign in the bottom of the 10th and getting tagged out in a run down.

Don't see this often in Alaska

Severe Thunderstorm Warning
AKZ222-210145-
/O.NEW.PAFG.SV.W.0002.200821T0119Z-200821T0145Z/

BULLETIN - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED
Severe Thunderstorm Warning
National Weather Service Fairbanks AK
517 PM AKDT Thu Aug 20 2020

The National Weather Service in Fairbanks has issued a

* Severe Thunderstorm Warning for...
  Central Middle Tanana Valley in Alaska...

* Until 545 PM AKDT.

* At 517 PM AKDT, a severe thunderstorm was located near Pleasant
  Valley, moving west at 15 mph.

HAZARD...Quarter size hail.

SOURCE...Radar indicated.

IMPACT...Damage to vehicles is expected.

* Locations impacted include...
  The area from Chena Hot Springs Road south from Pleasant Valley to
  the Little Chena River.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

For your protection move to an interior room on the lowest floor of a
building.

&&

LAT...LON 6487 14682 6477 14658 6473 14695 6488 14719
TIME...MOT...LOC 0117Z 087DEG 11KT 6480 14673

HAIL...1.00IN
WIND...<50MPH

$$

COWMAN

11 hours ago, Baltimorewx said:

All still true. But they still aren’t that talented of a team especially from a pitching standpoint. 

The pitching is less than mediocre, and they aren't talented enough offensively to overcome that against better teams. If they play sloppy like they have at times during this losing streak, they wont beat the crappier teams either. Hopefully they can get it going back the other way and at least remain watchable.

On the school front -- we got the kiddo's schedule for the fall. 4-days a week of class from 845-330. Going to be a juggling act but I'm relieved she will have class all day long. It was all of 30 min a day in the spring, so while our days will be hectic at least she is getting that class time she really needs. 

Good luck to all the other parents here, going to take a village to get through this first semester.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mappy said:

On the school front -- we got the kiddo's schedule for the fall. 4-days a week of class from 845-330. Going to be a juggling act but I'm relieved she will have class all day long. It was all of 30 min a day in the spring, so while our days will be hectic at least she is getting that class time she really needs. 

Good luck to all the other parents here, going to take a village to get through this first semester.

We are still waiting on the girls schedules. Both are in HS this year and the sample schedule is as follows. Mind you having HS'ers they are pretty much on their own with this schedule unless they need help from us with anything. Will be interesting as Mr. J is still working from home for the foreseeable future. And both girls will be on video F2F for a decent chunk of the AM. Made sure we were at the top tier for downloads and uploads. 

I do like that they chose to start HS'ers an hour later than normal start time. Now just need to see if in the afternoon they will be required to show that they are logged on in some fashion till the 3:30 time. Or if that last section of time they are on an honor system. 

Did find out that the oldest Miss J will have her dual enrollment class next semester. So we are not on the hook for the tuition till January. 

image.thumb.png.6857d97f0effcfd6734e19d81a320aaa.png

19 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

We are still waiting on the girls schedules. Both are in HS this year and the sample schedule is as follows. Mind you having HS'ers they are pretty much on their own with this schedule unless they need help from us with anything. Will be interesting as Mr. J is still working from home for the foreseeable future. And both girls will be on video F2F for a decent chunk of the AM. Made sure we were at the top tier for downloads and uploads. 

I do like that they chose to start HS'ers an hour later than normal start time. Now just need to see if in the afternoon they will be required to show that they are logged on in some fashion till the 3:30 time. Or if that last section of time they are on an honor system. 

Did find out that the oldest Miss J will have her dual enrollment class next semester. So we are not on the hook for the tuition till January. 

image.thumb.png.6857d97f0effcfd6734e19d81a320aaa.png

Looks similar to the blocks they have for ours, but its second grade so a bit easier. Just reading/phonics and math. You're lucky that with HS kids they can manage on their own well enough. We won't be able to do that. We will have to stay on top of mini-map. She did class in her playroom in the spring, set up at a desk we got her. But I have a feeling the fall will be her at the dining room table with me. Just to keep her on track. We will see how it goes. We have Wednesdays off, so that will be nice.

9 minutes ago, mappy said:

Looks similar to the blocks they have for ours, but its second grade so a bit easier. Just reading/phonics and math. You're lucky that with HS kids they can manage on their own well enough. We won't be able to do that. We will have to stay on top of mini-map. She did class in her playroom in the spring, set up at a desk we got her. But I have a feeling the fall will be her at the dining room table with me. Just to keep her on track. We will see how it goes. We have Wednesdays off, so that will be nice.

Yea I know it is easier for me. Although I will need to stay on top of the newbie HS'er. Was like a fly on a dog pile this past spring with her to make sure stuff was turned in. There was more leaneancy then not so sure about in the fall though. 

Both girls have picked their respective "schooling" zones. They are both actually going to use their school laptops to run through the TV's for a bigger screen for the F2F on Google meets. Then use their personal laptops to do work on. So one will be down on the 3rd level and the other will be on the main level. I told them there is always room for tweaking. 

I really think a lot of families have learned a lot about each other through this process. 

21 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Yea I know it is easier for me. Although I will need to stay on top of the newbie HS'er. Was like a fly on a dog pile this past spring with her to make sure stuff was turned in. There was more leaneancy then not so sure about in the fall though. 

Both girls have picked their respective "schooling" zones. They are both actually going to use their school laptops to run through the TV's for a bigger screen for the F2F on Google meets. Then use their personal laptops to do work on. So one will be down on the 3rd level and the other will be on the main level. I told them there is always room for tweaking. 

I really think a lot of families have learned a lot about each other through this process. 

Agreed! Us having only having the one kid does make it easier, and we utilize our Apple TV with streaming through the TV too! So good idea :) 

And absolutely we have learned a lot during the past 5 months. We'd never get through it otherwise. Requires a lot of give and take from all three of us

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, snowfan said:

For AACo, my 3rd grader has the following schedule:

M/T/Th/F: 8:30-3 with 11:15-1:15 as free time each day

W: 8:30-11:15

that free time sounds nice. we don't have that, but we have off the whole day Wednesday so i guess it makes up for the free time during the school days.

Washington county hasn't released there school day schedule yet but My wife and I decided to enroll our kids at a place they both attended preschool at. Basically they will help our kids get onto there zoom classes each day and help them with there school work. My wife and I both  feel guilty as hell but I do not have an option to work from home and even with my wife working from home there's no way she can do her job and help our 1st and 5th grader with there school work all day. My 5th grade daughter is fairly self sufficient but for my 1st grade son you pretty much have to sit beside him and help him the entire way through his school day. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Carroll county positivity rate down to a miniscal ( .9%) . Time to climb out the basement.  Doesn't get any safer unless of course you're waiting for it go to 0 . In that case it might be a few years :D

472 cases and 3 deaths in Caroline. Living in an area with an extremely low population density has its advantages.

Everyone here seems to comply with mask wearing, minus a few exceptions. Always a Karen or 2 around. :lol:

2 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Chad...always mad...

Never just a tad 

He's forever glad ...

To be so bad...

He's a stubborn lad ...

If only he could be more  RAD..

But sadly ..he's just Chad :whistle:

Did you come up with that?

If so, I am impressed lol.

I like it. So it is official- the male counterpart to a Karen, is a Chad.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic