Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Banter 2020

George BM

16 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

So the Miss J’s love curry. Found this fantastic coconut chicken curry. 

1AEADF29-7A88-4D37-A87E-3F4E67C4239D.jpeg

If y'all like curry, take a look at this recipe:  https://www.tablespoon.com/recipes/thai-green-curry-with-chicken-and-vegetables/00d62b36-5189-479d-807e-39ba8ec90508 

One of my favorites to make in the summer when I can find the fresh veggies at the farmers' market.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

If y'all like curry, take a look at this recipe:  https://www.tablespoon.com/recipes/thai-green-curry-with-chicken-and-vegetables/00d62b36-5189-479d-807e-39ba8ec90508 

One of my favorites to make in the summer when I can find the fresh veggies at the farmers' market.

That looks great! What is the heat factor with it? While they don't mind spice in curry they tend to not go for heat. Could leave out the Thai green chilies. 

Just now, MN Transplant said:

Yup

My guess is they are de-watering it because we are checking to see how it looks on the inside.  Been doing a lot of tank rehab lately and old Falls Church stuff is old.  Is that why there is a lot of water flowing down the curb?

Just now, H2O said:

My guess is they are de-watering it because we are checking to see how it looks on the inside.  Been doing a lot of tank rehab lately and old Falls Church stuff is old.  Is that why there is a lot of water flowing down the curb?

Yeah, it is coming from a pipe inset in the curb (maybe 4") that looks like it comes right from the water tower.  The water really gains speed going down Buckelew.  I know you guys own the house there on Tower so you have access to the water tower.  I'm curious to see if you'll need to do something to that tower.

Just now, MN Transplant said:

Yeah, it is coming from a pipe inset in the curb (maybe 4") that looks like it comes right from the water tower.  The water really gains speed going down Buckelew.  I know you guys own the house there on Tower so you have access to the water tower.  I'm curious to see if you'll need to do something to that tower.

Actually we needed the house just to the left of the vacant one.  That driveway is how we were supposed to get access to it.  There has been talk of doing something but not sure what the final decision will be.  Tank might be redundant and not needed after we do some more work overall.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Glad to help . And I was able to get ALL the work done before I cracked open up that beer:D. Being buzzed doing electrical work might get me buzzed lol

For the record, @losetoa6 is a professional on all fronts. Mask on all the time and explained what was going on.

Enjoying the Brewery Fire ipa on the patio now. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

That looks great! What is the heat factor with it? While they don't mind spice in curry they tend to not go for heat. Could leave out the Thai green chilies. 

I have a hard time finding Thai chilies, and am not a huge fan of big heat, so I usually just use a couple jalapenos or serranos.  The end result is very little heat.  You could easily omit the chilies all together if you prefer.  

• Like 1

Just now, CAPE said:

Drinking a  #Black Is Beautiful Imperial Stout. Its a collaborative effort. Check it out.

The one I am enjoying is from Cushwa Brewing Company. It is excellent. Has some characteristics of an oatmeal stout- creamy, lacy head. This one is 10% abv.

Yeah, that’s a good one. It’s in my fridge and thankfully @losetoa6 didn’t grab one of the two that I have left yesterday.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I also managed to find DFH 120 IPA and the Oak aged WWS.

Wishing Well In Easton is the shit. They have a huge selection, and no other place around has the WWS or the 120s right now. Just a tad on the pricey side.

That is a really good supply shop.  Which do you think is the best on Kent Island?  We might do some crabbing this weekend.

On 7/10/2020 at 9:23 AM, PrinceFrederickWx said:

My wife’s name is on the list of hurricane names this year- that’s the one that will be the cat 5 up the Bay later this year (now you all have to figure out which name it is so you can prepare!) :lol:

She's coming soon... (as long as NHC doesn't screw up and name the wrong one :lol: )

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic