Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Banter 2020

George BM

4 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Chris Davis has so many holes in his swing it's lol. 

Im not sure theres another regular right now in MLB that's a poor a hitter than him.  It's just crazy.

He's simply atrocious and now that were playing solid ball he's killing us. He's swing through 89 mph fastballs and has no chance to hit anything offspeed and now his defensive is slipping.

• Like 3

I’ve mostly avoided the school discussion because I am biased and I truly believe everyone is coming at this with good intent and no one wishes harm on anyone so I really hope no one takes this the wrong way. I don’t begrudge anyone’s opinion on here and I don’t take anything anyone has said personally.  And this is not in any way a response to anyone here. This is coming as a response to stuff going on in my district and some of the discussions I’ve had lately about that.  But you all are my online family and so I feel the need to share what I’m feeling right now.  I hope no one takes offense. 

That disclaimer aside...I am truly angered and feel disrespected by the dialogue my district and my own union are both taking. The district has been very clear their only concern is student health. And worse my union have taken up a false flag “kids could die” campaign because they also don’t think my life is a big enough deal to make the argument over. Which is insulting since they represent ME!!!  I have asthma and Crohns and I’m not as young as I used to be. And I have 2 children I love more than anything else and I think about every minute of every day.  I am not going to lie and make this about anything other then what it is...I am concerned about my health. And I am frustrated that the school district and at times my own union make it seem like I should be ashamed of that.  Like my own life isn’t worth enough for that alone to be a valid enough argument. I am not and shouldn’t have to apologize for looking out for my own health and thinking about my family. 

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I’ve mostly avoided the school discussion because I am biased and I truly believe everyone is coming at this with good intent and no one wishes harm on anyone so I really hope no one takes this the wrong way. I don’t begrudge anyone’s opinion on here and I don’t take anything anyone has said personally.  And this is not in any way a response to anyone here. This is coming as a response to stuff going on in my district and some of the discussions I’ve had lately about that.  But you all are my online family and so I feel the need to share what I’m feeling right now.  I hope no one takes offense. 

That disclaimer aside...I am truly angered and feel disrespected by the dialogue my district and my own union are both taking. The district has been very clear their only concern is student health. And worse my union have taken up a false flag “kids could die” campaign because they also don’t think my life is a big enough deal to make the argument over. Which is insulting since they represent ME!!!  I have asthma and Crohns and I’m not as young as I used to be. And I have 2 children I love more than anything else and I think about every minute of every day.  I am not going to lie and make this about anything other then what it is...I am concerned about my health. And I am frustrated that the school district and at times my own union make it seem like I should be ashamed of that.  Like my own life isn’t worth enough for that alone to be a valid enough argument. I am not and shouldn’t have to apologize for looking out for my own health and thinking about my family. 

You cannot be faulted. I feel you must be able to care for yourself before you can care for another. You must be able to love yourself before you can effectively love another. My daughters are both educators, one in public pre- K and one in private special needs. Both are fearful and have voiced their concerns exactly as you have. The DOE’s seem in many cases to be out of touch with our reality. My daughter shared the opening plan with me. I see it at best unworkable, at worst dangerous. The classroom is a front line also. Perhaps it’s time to pay heed to the trench warriors. . As always ...

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic