Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Banter 2020

George BM

45 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

lol, JB’s twitter account doesn’t show any tweets right now? Did he finally say too many quiet parts out  loud and have to hide the evidence?

his twitter shows up for me. 

5 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

It was about a mile from here so all fine in our hood. It shook the house though. I honestly thought our new AC compressor blew up.

phew, that's good. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Pretty terrible situation just a mile down the street from here with the explosion. We were playing our morning backgammon game, heard the explosion, the house shook, and I went out and walked around the house because it felt that close.

Oh dang you were that close?? Glad your house didn't sustain any damage! Man this has "dilapidated city infrastructure" written all over it, smh

11 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I’m gonna need to bring my A+++ game this winter. 

Dude, you are 0-infinity in reaping me.  You always go for the low hanging fruit every winter.  You need to work in the hard core never give up, never surrenders.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Darn it WW 007, I’m slow. It just dawned on me that your avatar has nothing to do with a powdered sugar D & D. In reference to your Reaping A+++ game, with the way things are going, you might be better off recruiting an assistant, to handle all the volunteers. As always .... 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, rclab said:

Darn it WW 007, I’m slow. It just dawned on me that your avatar has nothing to do with a powdered sugar D & D. In reference to your Reaping A+++ game, with the way things are going, you might be better off recruiting an assistant, to handle all the volunteers. As always .... 

Maybe he could spread the work out by offering an early-bird Reaping special?

21 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Wonder when school districts will start trying to restrict homeschooling in the name of "fairness" for all students (i.e., all students must be at the same level of dumb at all times)?

https://thefederalist.com/2020/08/11/fairfax-public-schools-tell-parents-to-stop-educating-their-kids-while-school-is-banned/

When public school leaders continually fail parents and students, not sure what else these districts expect.  The children in homes who either 1) can’t afford tutors/etc or 2) have parents who can’t work from home or 3) aren’t in stable homes where parents give a F about education are the real losers of these 100% virtual decisions.  

It seems FCPS spends more time writing letters/memos to parents than actually coming up with solutions that work for students...

2 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

At minimum get the Special Ed , elementary,  and kids with no wifi/ chrome books back to in person . 2 miles to my north in Adam's and York counties they are giving families all 3 options . All in, hybrid, all online ( what a brilliant idea) . But here in Md it's ( It can't be done) . I guess the virus magically is not as bad once at the Pa state line . They figured out a way and logistics. There meetings were probably mostly talked about with how Can,Can,Can it work and not how  it Can't, Can't, Can't work.  You have to start somewhere imo .

As a parent I watched the BOE meeting on the decision for FCPS. While there was a vote for all online learning, there are teachers who are volunteering to come into the buildings for very small face to face sessions. And from what I understand that is what most MD systems are doing. Special Ed, ELL, those without reliable internet and at risk youth will have the opportunity for in school time.

Just had a questioner from my girls HS this week where one of the questions was asking if your child was considered for in school time if you felt comfortable with that. These are the behind the scenes decisions that are taking place. They are also going to have the buildings open as some teachers have asked to teach out of their classrooms.

No one decision is a good one. But they are working as hard as they can to accommodate every student and option. One other interesting thing I learned from our BOE meeting was out of a district with 42,000 students the number of students who did not log in this past spring for various reasons was around 800. They have said they are working to identify those students and find out why they could not or chose not to log in. And if need be those students would be added to the list of small groups to bring in.  

On 8/10/2020 at 7:53 PM, WxWatcher007 said:

Give up the ghost, Reaper. You're never gonna EVER get the Jebman.

You are the Eternal Reaper.

I, on the other hand, am the Eternal Optimist.

I say The Mid Atlantic is gonna get deep snow and Vodka Cold this autumn and winter and that YOU are gonna Jump, out of sheer frustration lmao.

You're gonna need to bring your A++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Game. If you can.

12 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Wonder when school districts will start trying to restrict homeschooling in the name of "fairness" for all students (i.e., all students must be at the same level of dumb at all times)?

https://thefederalist.com/2020/08/11/fairfax-public-schools-tell-parents-to-stop-educating-their-kids-while-school-is-banned/

I'm in Fairfax County with an incoming 1st grader who has discussed pod solutions with other parents.  The only takeaway from the Superintendent's note was that they aren't going to juggle their classroom assignments due to parents wanting pods.  Leave it to the Federalist to blow it out of proportion.

I'm in Fairfax County with an incoming 1st grader who has discussed pod solutions with other parents.  The only takeaway from the Superintendent's note was that they aren't going to juggle their classroom assignments due to parents wanting pods.  Leave it to the Federalist to blow it out of proportion.

It’s so hard to read past that pesky headline.
  • Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic