Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
August Banter 2020

George BM

3 hours ago, nj2va said:

Playing like utter, complete trash.  It’ll be a first round exit via sweep if they play like this in the “real” playoffs.

Won't last long playing like this. Something changed with this team back around the holidays and they hadn't played well since. Imo their chemistry has been off. Not sure what changed but it's pretty obvious.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Happy Friday HH. I'm going big, boozy, fruity.

DFH Fruitfull Fort.

This stuff is so good and complex. Has elements of both the WWS, and the 120, as strange as that might seem.

I have had that one once. From what I remember good but isn’t it like 18% too? I went a little too hard Wednesday, may need another 30 day cleanse lol

1 minute ago, Baltimorewx said:

I have had that one once. From what I remember good but isn’t it like 18% too? I went a little too hard Wednesday, may need another 30 day cleanse lol

Yup its 18%.

And lol you need to do the "in moderation" thing. This is probably all I will drink tonight. Bang for the buck. One beer, but like drinking three 6% 'ers.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Yup its 18%.

And lol you need to do the "in moderation" thing. This is probably all I will drink tonight. Bang for the buck. One beer, but like drinking three 6% 'ers.

Yeah I need to keep that in mind. Have one strong one and call it a night. I’ll be working full time again so should be easier. Maybe. Haha

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Yup its 18%.

Been a long time since I’ve had that one. This week is brought to you by fresh Hysteria beers and a cornucopia of other awesomeness. 

ETA: The new Hysteria DIPA with Passionfruit and Mango is :tomato:

• Like 1

I am overdue for a miss, so expecting nothing tonight.

I got a precursor to the predecessor, the predecessor itself, was in the max qpf zone for the storm itself, had a brief deluge later that night, then the MCS with the incredible lightning show yesterday morning, with the worst flooding all week. A total of 6.7" since Monday night.

Reseeding begins tomorrow.

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

I'm moving south damnit.. 

Wait a minute ....on 2nd thought ...nevermind :snowing:

Yeah don't do that. It will likely be difficult enough to get decent snow where you are in the years to come. I will be looking to move west to higher elevations, or north. Going to need elevation and/or latitude for consistent snowfall.

Why is Chris Davis still an Oriole?

He still has a couple years left on his huge contact but he flat out can't hit. Batting  .125 this year. 

Its just silly running him out there everyday. It's the equivalent of the pitchers spot in the NL.

I feel bad for the guy. He's really a good dude. Does alot in the community and does alot of charity. 

He just has so many holes in his swing that his hit zone in so small.

• Like 1

Davis is worth keeping around for defense until someone better comes along.  And even If someone better comes along, it has to be someone better at a time when the team is somewhat better. If you’re hog tied to throw away good money on a non performing player, there’s no point in cutting him loose and still paying him if the player that replaces him is better but the team is, at best, mediocre.

5 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Davis is worth keeping around for defense until someone better comes along.  And even If someone better comes along, it has to be someone better at a time when the team is somewhat better. If you’re hog tied to throw away good money on a non performing player, there’s no point in cutting him loose and still paying him if the player that replaces him is better but the team is, at best, mediocre.

Ryan Mountcastle can apparently hit the cover off the baseball and is a 1b/dh type. Definitely could be an Oriole at this point I just think at some point you've got to cut your losses. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Ryan Mountcastle can apparently hit the cover off the baseball and is a 1b/dh type. Definitely could be an Oriole at this point I just think at some point you've got to cut your losses. 

I wish that I hadn’t commented. Not sure that I even agree with what I wrote, but 10 year old Lagavulin will do that. How much longer are we tied to Davis?

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I wish that I hadn’t commented. Not sure that I even agree with what I wrote, but 10 year old Lagavulin will do that. How much longer are we tied to Davis?

2 more years.

And it's easy for me to say to cut him because it's not my money lol. 

I think he is a high character guy. Good clubhouse guy. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chris78 said:

2 more years.

And it's easy for me to say to cut him because it's not my money lol. 

I think he is a high character guy. Good clubhouse guy. 

He is a good guy, but the reality is he cant hit(which is what he is paid to do) and never will again. If the Orioles have a prospect with promise, and who is ready, then cutting Davis is addition by subtraction. Lots of teams eat big contracts. Not the Orioles. This is why they are who they are. 

• Like 1

Okay folks, I am no warminista. I still love winter and  deep snow and Vodka cold jebwalks even tho I now live in the Deep South lol!

With that said, August down here in South Central Texas is SUPPOSED to be burning hot with zero clouds and a nice hot blue sky.

This August thus far, I feel that I have been cheated of a really warm enjoyable summer replete with numerous Texas heatwaves consisting of multiple periods of days of 103 degree heat. There have also been numerous cumulus clouds depriving me of the healthful direct Texas sunlight even as I happily enjoy all of my outdoor tasks!

This is not the way August is supposed to be down here near Austin. August is supposed to be devoid of any rain, clear hot blue skies and plenty of 75 degree dewpoints. We usually get treated to lots of hot weather all thru September too! Our growing season is to die for! I think it starts in March and runs to early December!

Here's hoping for a monster 635 dm Saharan anticyclone here in the great state of Texas and decent hot weather, maybe a week or two around 106 degrees and lows near 90! I'd be outside in it at 3pm in the warmest part of the day happily working pretty hard and drinking water like a hot horse! Sure we dont get much snow down here but there are other things to like!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

That was quite the eighth inning last night.

Doolittle did nothing.. for his team.

Doolittle looks like he has dead arm. Was throwing batting practice fastballs at 88-89. 

I guess Sevirino watched his HR too too long because he got plunked his next AB

Davis was having a great spring before the Covid shutdown. He was squaring up pitches he should have pulled and was taking everything on the outer half of the plate to left. It was really good to see.

You almost knew that once things started back up, any momentum and confidence he had would disappear. Sadly, it did.

Three months from now, Mid Atlantic. Only three short months from now, its going to be getting COLD in the Washington DC Metropolitan Region. You are all gonna be looking at a massive snow winter.

Pro Tip:

Get stocked up on Jebman Shovels NOW. Get ice melter, tons of sand. Stockpiling sand is very fun because shoveling the stuff is very much like digging snow after a 2 foot HECS in the DC Region. Get top shelf snowmobiles and snow blowers. Get all set right now, because in  3-4 months, you're gonna need em.

You're gonna need a bigger snowplow.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic