Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Discobs 2020

George BM

25 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Hagerstown dew is 63. Frederick still 72, but it’s getting close.

I'm going to get a good buzz on and go for a long walk later and pretend it’s fall.

it’s 69/63 here (with gusty NW winds) and I’m on my 2nd strawberry jalapeño margarita...I’ll join you virtually for that buzzed walk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Where’d you fish @Eskimo Joe?

LOL when I saw this I wondered what response you would get. I remember once a very close friend was telling me how many fish he had caught that morning and I asked him where he caught them. His reply was “most of them in the upper lip”. Haha he wouldn’t tell me where he was fishing. Most fishermen are pretty tight lipped about where they catch their fish.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Where’d you fish @Eskimo Joe?

Alright, I'll give one of my not-so-secret spots up. Across the street from the Winfield fire department in Carroll County is a small water supply pond. If you practice catch-and-release with barbless hooks (and clean up after yourself), you'll be okay. That pond is better at sunrise or sunset...several decent sized fish in there but be advised it's quality over quantity.

3 hours ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

1.14” today

19.68” for the month

30.10” since July 1

^Those aren’t typos :lol:

Man that is NUTS!  For comparison, I have 5.5 for the month and 9.0 since July 1.  Look at Calvert on this map!  Some less than 6" amounts in northern MD for the same period.  Unreal.

image.png.0f553afb35cbc014361eed7a0a42cc21.png

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

LOL when I saw this I wondered what response you would get. I remember once a very close friend was telling me how many fish he had caught that morning and I asked him where he caught them. His reply was “most of them in the upper lip”. Haha he wouldn’t tell me where he was fishing. Most fishermen are pretty tight lipped about where they catch their fish.

26 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Alright, I'll give one of my not-so-secret spots up. Across the street from the Winfield fire department in Carroll County is a small water supply pond. If you practice catch-and-release with barbless hooks (and clean up after yourself), you'll be okay. That pond is better at sunrise or sunset...several decent sized fish in there but be advised it's quality over quantity.

Lol. I wasn’t trying to steal anyone’s fishing spots. Especially for catch and release bass fishing, Heck, I don’t mind sharing my crabbing spots, and this is just bass that you throw back.

EJ, thanks for the info, but I don’t think that’s the spot that I was thinking of. You mentioned another house several times and I can’t remember the name. It may have been Pleasant Valley, but looking at a map, I don’t think that’s it. I had The name and called them back in May or June and they said that the pond was C and R and open to the public, so I was going to check it out. 

Back to my whiskey...

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic