• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Discobs 2020

George BM

DCA was at 89 right when that thunderstorm went through.  They've had 11 consecutive days under 90.  Only four 90-degree days this month so far.

Looks like Summer of 2020 will be remembered as mostly a 5 week stretch of hot weather.  The other parts of the summer haven't been that bad.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Inverted_Trough said:

DCA was at 89 right when that thunderstorm went through.  They've had 11 consecutive days under 90.  Only four 90-degree days this month so far.

Looks like Summer of 2020 will be remembered as mostly a 5 week stretch of hot weather.  The other parts of the summer haven't been that bad.

This has not been a hot summer. We're really failing at everything these day.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Subtropics said:

Why do you say that?

I've found pretty good success freshwater fishing prior to remnants of tropical cyclones coming up these parts. We probably aren't going to see any decent flooding or severe weather from it so might as well try to score a nice day pond hopping from it.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2020 at 1:57 PM, Eskimo Joe said:

I've found pretty good success freshwater fishing prior to remnants of tropical cyclones coming up these parts. We probably aren't going to see any decent flooding or severe weather from it so might as well try to score a nice day pond hopping from it.

I would expand that to any approaching low pressure. Get some wind to break up the surface and it’s game on.

I have been getting storms on pretty much a daily basis. Probably the most amount of rain and storms within the last decade or so. Ironically they have been very localized. I am near the "peninsula" area of Pasadena (close to the bay). One just passed by and it dumped again today. Odd because this area seems to have been a "desert" for a long time.

dump.JPG.e98d1e36c7d927475f0d078d7c15259f.JPG

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic