Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
August Discobs 2020

George BM

5 minutes ago, adelphi_sky said:

Nothing like seeing a shower on radar aim directly for your back yard 20 miles out, getting distracted at work, then looking out your window wondering why the ground is bone dry only to find out the shower did a fantastic juke and is even stronger than it was when you last saw it on radar. 

There’s two strong storms northwest and southwest of me that I’ll probably go right between unless something fires up in the middle of them before they get here.

On 8/17/2020 at 4:09 PM, WinstonSalemArlington said:

If we have to have hot weather, I prefer it happen like this year. A mild to chilly May and July. A very humid and somewhat above normal July, but nothing record-breaking, most not reaching 100.  A wet and mild August. Now, cross your fingers September doesn’t pull nasty heat out of the late season bag of tricks. 

We are ripping two gardens out for grass and re-seeding. I'd like a 10 to 15 day stretch of warm, dry weather in September to get the seed started. Hopefully after that we can get into a 'normal' autumn.

How much, if any, energy from that southern trough will be able to eject northeastward to give our area some rain chances towards the weekend? This would be a much more interesting discussion if it were winter, in what would be a favorable NA pattern, with confluence to our NE. The suppression fears would be real.

gfs_z500a_namer_11.png

16 minutes ago, SnowtoRain said:

Over the past 30 days average dew point has been 73.7 and humidity 86.3%.  

Mosquitoes should be the size of small dogs by now. I've seen condensation on the outside of my windows a good umber of days. And they are double-pane gas filled. Definitely was surprised on the additional 0.22" of rain I got this morning.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic