• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Discobs 2020

George BM

Tomorrow looks like a pretty nice day with somewhat lower humidity and temps in the low to mid 80s, esp for northern/ eastern parts of the region. After whatever rain falls late tomorrow and Sunday, the early to midweek period looks- dare I say- spectacular, with normal to below normal temps, lower humidity, and plenty of sun. Mid to late next week there may be some scattered shower/t-storm chances, but overall no signs of heat and humidly with a PNA ridge and a late summer -NAO. Fall preview!

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

12z GFS is yet another southern MD bull’s eye for Sunday. :(

NOT what I want to hear.  My Calvert family are nervously asking about this system.  My niece in your neighborhood put sand bags about 12" high all along the back of her townhouse as a temporary measure until they address the drainage problem.  Look at the insane difference in rain over the last 60 days between southern MD and my Germantown area!

image.png.da893e638bdd98179a94f6b8dd6c3969.png

• Like 1

Just now, BlizzardNole said:

NOT what I want to hear.  My Calvert family are nervously asking about this system.  My niece in your neighborhood put sand bags about 12" high all along the back of her townhouse as a temporary measure until they address the drainage problem.  Look at the insane difference in rain over the last 60 days between southern MD and my Germantown area!

image.png

Sounds like a case for a class action lawsuit in that subdivision for not rectifying the drainage issue. That is just ridiculous.

27 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Oh I had sent you another PM awhile back (not sure if you saw it).

5 minutes ago, SnowtoRain said:

Yeah, I just saw it was named.  Interesting setup looking at the regional radar and satellite loop. Up to 1.66" now.  

Yeah that spoke on the west side rotates inland right around my area and then really comes together as a larger area of lift as it moves sw. Probably interacting with the stalled front and maybe a localized boundary/bay breeze. You will probably end up with 2+.

2 hours ago, NorthArlington101 said:

9a3f20d5bbd96a6af0469894a86731c4.jpg
Storms keep trying and struggling. This one over Wheaton-Glenmont looks like it might have some luck.

Man, nice house!

On the obs front, I did a bike ride from home to Elder Pine brewery. Was supposed to be 30 miles, but one wrong turn at the 27 mile mark made it a 40 mile ride, with a torrential downpour. Good times.

Recovery beers are good though.

• Like 1

Given the track of the low, I'm surprised we are not going to see really heavy rain. It seems like the heavy rain is literally within 10 miles or so of the low. It also seems like the heavy rain amounts in general, even in the heaviest pockets, are starting to come down some.

1 hour ago, osfan24 said:

Given the track of the low, I'm surprised we are not going to see really heavy rain. It seems like the heavy rain is literally within 10 miles or so of the low. It also seems like the heavy rain amounts in general, even in the heaviest pockets, are starting to come down some.

There is going to be a bit of a battle with that High anchored over SE Canada I think. Probably why the low (and area of best lift) will be on the compact side the further east it tracks. Decent PWATs get into the S and E part of the region. 

namconus_mslp_pwat_eus_28.png

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic