Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Discobs 2020

George BM

5 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

18z gfs is a deluge for the whole area Sunday.  Ggem fairly wet too. 

00z GGEM is quite the soaker for the weekend... 00z GFS is wet, but not as wet as the 18z run showed.  00z NAM probably falls in line with these two models regarding rainfall of 1-3".

00z UKIE is quite dry north of a line say from Prince William County to Warrenton to Luray... compared to the other two globals above, it shows less then 0.5" QPF for those north of the line mentioned

Yes please on Sunday after the Saturday washout (from this mornings AFD from LWX):

By Sunday morning, the low should be pushing off to the east,
taking the rain with it. Some guidance is a little slower
however, so leaving some POPs in through the early afternoon.
Though, do think there is a good shot we are dry by early
afternoon. Sunday will be much cooler than normal, with highs in
the mid to upper 70s (low 80s closer to the water). Just hope we
can get the rain out of here early enough to enjoy it. Sunday
night will be dry, with lows ranging from the mid 50s in the
higher elevations to upper 60s in the typical normal areas along
the waters.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Gfs  slipping south past  2 runs . Euro is driest run yet  near the M/D line. Add the Ukmet to the dry list as  well lol. 3k also sharp cutoff up here . Your yard probably still game for some potential soakers but I'm thinking heaviest stays DC and Virginia .

Today looks dry up here as well . Hoping to take  a cruise in the Grand National after work. 

6z GFS still looks like a very big rain event for MD.

12 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Downright pleasant outside all of a sudden with a light breeze. Still pretty muggy, but feels decent.

It was nice last night near 7 PM.  Had our new greyhound, Bronson, out for his evening walk. Sky cleared off as well. Nice little breeze. 

Hey, if you like pleasant the weather next Tuesday and Wednesday looks lovely.  I think it warrants a beach trip with an offshore wind and surf zone in the mid 70's. Hey, ice cream man , I like a coconut fruit bar please. ( North Wildwood has a rooming ice cream man whom strolls the beach with various yummy frozen novelties. )  :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, IronTy said:

What a jungle outside.  Reminds me of the month I spent in Borneo for work. All that's missing is the king cobras and monitor lizards.  Is this our future?   I'm afraid a lot of stick-built homes won't survive long in climates like this.  Need to go to cinderblock homes like Central and South America. 

Pretty sure the house will make it lol. This ain’t the first time it’s ever been humid.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Pretty sure the house will make it lol. This ain’t the first time it’s ever been humid.

Many areas down here have had 25-30+” of rain in 45 days (with several more inches on the way). The ground here is still completely saturated- I’m worried that’s going to start causing foundation issues for many (note: I’m not a structural engineer so maybe my concerns are overblown).

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic