Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Discobs 2020

George BM

2 hours ago, Ian said:

dew point records are tricky to come by tho worth looking into 

My PWS records only go back 4 years but it does seem like we stepped up into a higher summer dewpoint regime in 2018. I'd be curious how previous years compare.

Monthly avg dewpoints, 2016-2020

July: 67.2, 66.7, 69.9, 70.4, 70.4

August: 67.7, 64.5, 71.8, 68.0, 72.0 (so far)

25 minutes ago, adelphi_sky said:

Wow I just checked the national radar.  That's one bow echo from hell, it's like half the country!   

JFC the derecho was a nightmare, I could do without one of those for the rest of my life thank you very much. 

13 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Much of that may be attributed to a coolish wet period per the GFS.

You see that persistent Easterly flow and East fetch on some of the modeling. Some wave models bring 8 foot waves into the lower NJ. and Delaware surf zone by the weekend. Strange summer so far. I am just hoping for some NW winds behind a legit early Fall cold front, might need to wait on that.  

Was at the beach yesterday , and it was a marvelous day with the wife and the kids. Not crowded, surf at about 72 , seagulls didn't eat my pizza .   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, poolz1 said:

To me that map says get ready for tropical....Cool nights, deep blue skies and a cane approaching the SE coast. 

Would not be surprised to see that set up you mention in September  ( even early October )  at some point. I believe in the past we have had cold frontal passages and then the building High to out North and East a few days after providing a pathway for a runner up the coast.  Of course the fine line between a curve out to sea , or a real threat to the SE and Mid Atlantic areas.  

• Like 1

On 8/8/2020 at 6:44 AM, WeatherShak said:

3259a99047cf584f8711dc1621c84139.gif&key=3a6b74c29c8d1065700ccaedfa19bf31734be3f6e96b8d378c745bbcfbc77eee

Really neat observation on radar this morning. Bugs? Reminded me of outflow from a bomb.

There's 3 of these on the morning radar loop, all from locations I've previously seen.  This one in Charles county, one near Havre de Grace in Harford County near the top of the Bay and a 3rd near Wilmington, DE.  Again, I think it's swallow (possibly Purple Martin) colonies taking flight in the morning.

6 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

There's 3 of these on the morning radar loop, all from locations I've previously seen.  This one in Charles county, one near Havre de Grace in Harford County near the top of the Bay and a 3rd near Wilmington, DE.  Again, I think it's swallow (possibly Purple Martin) colonies taking flight in the morning.

Yeah you see this a lot on the Dover radar too. Generally emanates from nature preserves, like Eastern Neck in Kent county.

2 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

That's pretty awesome.  I noticed them this morning too.  Thanks for sharing.  

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic